Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Card variation. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Rawlings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So this is an odd thing, but are some of the Wings of War/Wings Of Glory cards plastic? Or coated in a plastic.

I recently got the Wings of War ww2 sets off Ebay new (and for RRP....) but they feel super plastic-y compared to the Wings of Glory cards, The same variation is true between wings of war ww1 boxes and boosters too. Some are slippery and others almost sticky.

Sleeves will solve it but I am curious to why they are so different and hoping it is a high quality coating. Not a fan of peeling yellow cards ahaha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Not that I've ever noticed, and I just played with an old Spitfire this past week.

Are they used? Thicker? Could it be a coating that someone applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rawlings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They aren't thicker, but just a different texture.

That was kinda what I was afraid of. It feels very uniform though across the sets so I figure just manufacturing differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Sag. I never noticed a difference in texture or coating, and I also frequently use WoW and WoG planes on the table at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rawlings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Slightly worrying. The main difference is between the wings of war and glory WW1 cards vs the wings of war WW2 cards. The ww1 booster packs also feel slicker. Job for sleeves I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The very first print runs of Wings of War were made in Italy. Later it was Carta Mundi in Belgium to make them. Then it was a Chinese factory. This could explain differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rawlings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies guys! That would make sense then. I was just concerned someone had taken to their cards with some spray lacquer or something similar as I bought the pack second hand. But it looks pretty uniform.

I love the artwork, looking forward to making a box to hold all this stuff in one place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wings of Glory cards are thicker than the Wings of War cards were. I sleeved my cards and made tuckboxes for all my decks, and I found that I had to make a wider box for the Wings of Glory cards. If I try to fit them into the same box I made for the Wings of War deck, they won't fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.