Hide
7 Posts

Unicornus Knights» Forums » General

Subject: Donia, the sand maiden. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fernando Gómez Verdejo
msg tools
In the character card it says: "The top card of the Event deck is always revealed." So I guess the disadvantage of having she in game is that you can not use the support card "protection".

But in the manual it says "If this character dies, the top event card is simply flipped back over." I do not understand what you mean by that, is it an additional skill that is not in the card? I thought that maybe the text of the manual was wrong (like many things in it), but in the Japanese manual it says the same thing. Could someone clarify that phrase, or put the character card in Japanese to see if the translation of the card is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Donia is in the game, turn the top card of the event deck face up. As soon as she dies, turn it face down again.

This does not change whether or not the card is active; it just lets you know what trouble is coming next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Gómez Verdejo
msg tools
I see ... I at the beginning of the round I flipped the event card and did not discard until I had to take the next one, so it made me weird. But what you say makes sense.

On the other hand, then is it not possible to use Protection with she in game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the text on Protection? I don't have it handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Gómez Verdejo
msg tools
"Protection": Flip the current Event card face down. Its effects no longer apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have an event card in play for this turn. It is beside the deck. You also have the top card of the deck face up; that's the next turn's card.

Protection affects only this turn's card. Donia only affects next turn's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Gómez Verdejo
msg tools
Ok, Thank you very much for the clear and quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.