Josh Kim
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi! My friends and I plan to get into Dice masters.

we all have different preferences in theme so one might go with Spiderman, the other with civil war, the other with Avengers vs. Xmen.

Is it possible to still play together and build our different teams??

Because some cards seem to have a text like " can not be attacked by spidermansymbol cards"

This seems very specific and is definitely a downside for us right now.

Any tips?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy and I play with different sets and it works just fine. When playing against him, I just avoid the cards that have a text that is specific to a set like that.

Edit: I'm not even afraid to use DC vs. Marvel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son has an awesome dragon themed deck that uses a mix of cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! and D&D sets. It's pretty slick.

All sets mix pretty well. There are some mechanics that are useful and only present in one or the other of the sets, so mixing in a single card from a given universe might make sense for that specific ability -- for example, I might run a primarily Marvel team, but mix in Rip Hunter's Chalkboard from one of the more recent DC sets just for the global on that card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kim
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cool sounds awesome! Can't wait.

Thank y'all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will always be some card abilities that are "blind counters" - they are more powerful depending on what your opponent brings (Spider-Man affiliation like you mentioned, Avengers, X-Men, Justice League, different Lantern colors, even energy types). These often work better in in-set drafting games where you're more likely to encounter those specific Affiliations, but they are definitely not the majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.