10 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: [Card A0156] Event II card question / problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
My Fakename
msg tools
Hey,

so this "Stalked?" card makes you do a test. On beeing successful you're going to get paranoid ("draw a 100 card") otherwise "you were worried for nothing" and you even can get back a card from the discard pile.

How does this make sense? Of course I would choose to not be successful then. Should the texts in the white and black boxes be switched?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dostojewski wrote:
Hey,

so this "Stalked?" card makes you do a test. On beeing successful you're going to get paranoid ("draw a 100 card") otherwise "you were worried for nothing" and you even can get back a card from the discard pile.

How does this make sense? Of course I would choose to not be successful then. Should the texts in the white and black boxes be switched?

Thank you!

Don't know about that specific example, but I think this is a situation where you might have to banish that encounter card if you fail... maybe the next time you won't be so lucky... maybe there is another card that has you look into your banish pile for certain cards and it might alter a future outcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Is it a locked action? If so you cannot modify the stars/cards to be drawn with a team action, and so you would be forced to pass if you get enough stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Fakename
msg tools
It's an exploration card (foggy back of area II) and no, it does not have a locked symbol. It's a mandatory action, you MUST take.
My question is just about why the success box (white) is just bad and the fail box (black) is a good outcome.

/edit

I think I got it. They force you to draw at least 2 cards (even 3 when you are paranoid) and on 1 success the "bad" success text comes into play. So it's hard to avoid 1 success when drawing at least 2 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dostojewski wrote:
Of course I would choose to not be successful then.

You can't "choose" failure. You have to draw however many cards as you're instructed and tally up the stars.

Btw if you use the search function, this was already asked and it's not the only example where a failure is a better outcome than a success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Fakename
msg tools
Ren3 wrote:
dostojewski wrote:
Of course I would choose to not be successful then.

You can't "choose" failure. You have to draw however many cards as you're instructed and tally up the stars.

Btw if you use the search function, this was already asked and it's not the only example where a failure is a better outcome than a success.

You're right I cannot choose. I had an ability to lower the cards drawn to 0. So I got confused about "success" and "failure". Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Rasmussen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not locked. I don't think it's a mistake, though I agree it's a bit odd. I took it to mean that if you actually spot something, you overinterpret it to mean that you're being stalked. Or whatever.

Edit:Also, if you're alone on that action, you can't just choose to fail.

Edit 2: Got ninjaed by all ninjas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
The text is correct. The check is to see if you notice that you're being followed.

If you fail, you don't notice, ignorance is bliss.
If you succeed, you know something is out to get you and that makes you paranoid.

There are a few other instances like this too. Try to logic it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a card where you don't want to succeed. There had to be some
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
This one confused me too I also thought it was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.