Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
Are there any card decks in the game that are not reshuffled when they have all been discarded?

Obviously Goblin War deck is an exception. Are there others?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saxmaam wrote:
Are there any card decks in the game that are not reshuffled when they have all been discarded?
There are a couple of cards that are "removed from the game" rather than discarded, I believe. Sidequests. Treasure cards that are refused. There might be others, but those are the two that come to mind off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Goblins' War cards and the Dragon's Power cards are shuffled (with their discards) every turn.

Sidequests go until they run out, then are done (the game should be over long before you get through them all).

With Treasures and Events, when the Cave looks at the cards and decides which to give to the Knight, the others go straight to the bottom of the deck. Events that are played and Treasures that get refused for Grit are removed from the game. When either deck runs out, that's it for those cards - you do not reshuffle them. (Like Sidequests, there are enough that the game should be over long before you run out).

Secrets and Monsters are shuffled when the decks run out.

Unicorn cards are drawn until the deck runs out, then you shuffle the entire discard to make a new draw deck.

Terror (Ghoul) cards are generally kept when drawn, or get returned to the bottom of the deck immediately. Cards used for the Once Per Game effect are removed from the game.

Possession (Ghost) cards never need to be shuffled during play, because she always has access to the full deck (excluding some special variant rules that modify the deck during setup).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sidequests - Never shuffled. Cards leave play.
War Deck - Shuffle between turns.
Monster - Shuffle when exhausted.
Secrets - Shuffle when exhausted.
Dragon - Shuffle between turns.
Events - Never shuffled. Cards leave play.
Treasures - Never shuffled. Cards leave play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
The answers come from high authorities today.

Now, as the Kickstarter content we'll receive later this year makes some of the decks a little thicker, does this cause modifications to said decks? I'm asking because some games enforce a certain deck size, for example, by removing random cards before a playthrough. (Example: Arkham Horror Ally deck)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinsilver wrote:

Now, as the Kickstarter content we'll receive later this year makes some of the decks a little thicker, does this cause modifications to said decks? I'm asking because some games enforce a certain deck size, for example, by removing random cards before a playthrough. (Example: Arkham Horror Ally deck)
We didn't include any rules for thinning the cards, but after trying it with the expanded decks you prefer them smaller you could certainly remove some at random after shuffling to get back down to the original counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
Thinsilver wrote:

We didn't include any rules for thinning the cards, but after trying it with the expanded decks you prefer them smaller you could certainly remove some at random after shuffling to get back down to the original counts.

On the contrary, I'm relieved if I can just make the decks thicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
Is there a way to get the add-ons at this point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still pre-order them through the KS page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
Hmm. How do I know what printing I have? Sorry if this is an obvious answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saxmaam wrote:
Hmm. How do I know what printing I have? Sorry if this is an obvious answer.
If your treasure chests are yellow, you have the first printing.

If they're some shade of brown, you have a second or third printing. These printings also have reviewer quotes on the back of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.