Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
81 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Likely story Ted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politics/ted-cruz-twitter/inde...

Laughs, speaks for itself, but not sure I buy the argument that it wasn't Ted. The most righteous are usually the most non-righteous.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politics/ted-cruz-twitter/inde...

Laughs, speaks for itself, but not sure I buy the argument that it wasn't Ted. The most righteous are usually the most non-righteous.


My guess:

Ted has a second Twitter account for porn, and was accidentally liking on the wrong one. Whoops.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
abadolato01 wrote:
Laughs, speaks for itself, but not sure I buy the argument that it wasn't Ted.


Of course it wasn't Ted is was his "staff." Hahahaha. The jokes write themselves.
25 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TedX
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
Laughs, speaks for itself, but not sure I buy the argument that it wasn't Ted.


Of course it wasn't Ted is was his "staff." Hahahaha. The jokes write themselves.


Basically it was "Little Ted's" fault
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a little surprised that he bucked the usual hypocritical Republican trend and was apparently watching what looked to be a fairly conventional FFM scene with Caucasian performers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ol', lyin' Ted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But seriously, how did it get in his Twitter feed for someone to like?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This statement from the article:
Article wrote:
It was a staffing issue and it was inadvertent, it was a mistake, it was not a deliberate action," Cruz said, according to The Washington Post. He added: "We're dealing with it internally but it was a mistake, it was not malicious conduct."
and this statement from the same article:
Article wrote:
An aide to Cruz confirmed the comments to CNN, adding that there would be an internal effort to figure out who was responsible.
are contradictory.

How does Cruz know it was inadvertent and not malicious if they don't yet know who was responsible? My guess is that Cruz knows who did it (himself inadvertently) and yelled at his staff, "Figure out who did this!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual, the AVClub nails it:

Clayton Purdom wrote:
This appears to be the case of Texas Senator, failed presidential nominee, and universally reviled deep-sea slug Ted Cruz, who, it was discovered yesterday, smashed that heart button (this is not a euphemism) for one of @SexuallPosts “sexuall posts”


"Father of two, @heidiscruz's husband, fighter for liberty, dick in hand."

The internet collective dump on the richly deserving is something to behold.

Invalid tweet.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
As usual, the AVClub nails it:

Clayton Purdom wrote:
This appears to be the case of Texas Senator, failed presidential nominee, and universally reviled deep-sea slug Ted Cruz, who, it was discovered yesterday, smashed that heart button (this is not a euphemism) for one of @SexuallPosts “sexuall posts”


"Father of two, @heidiscruz's husband, fighter for liberty, dick in hand."

The internet collective dump on the richly deserving is something to behold.

Invalid tweet.
Who wants to guess if this will make Ted more or less popular with the "new" Republican Base? We already know this will make him more popular with [Shreve] Dominionists [/Shreve] and evangelical Christians (both liking porn and deleting it at the same time!).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
This statement from the article:
Article wrote:
It was a staffing issue and it was inadvertent, it was a mistake, it was not a deliberate action," Cruz said, according to The Washington Post. He added: "We're dealing with it internally but it was a mistake, it was not malicious conduct."
and this statement from the same article:
Article wrote:
An aide to Cruz confirmed the comments to CNN, adding that there would be an internal effort to figure out who was responsible.
are contradictory.

How does Cruz know it was inadvertent and not malicious if they don't yet know who was responsible? My guess is that Cruz knows who did it (himself inadvertently) and yelled at his staff, "Figure out who did this!"


Ain't nothing inadvertent about porn.

Sorry, Ted. THE CALLS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE
11 
 Thumb up
0.07
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
bbenston wrote:
As usual, the AVClub nails it:

Clayton Purdom wrote:
This appears to be the case of Texas Senator, failed presidential nominee, and universally reviled deep-sea slug Ted Cruz, who, it was discovered yesterday, smashed that heart button (this is not a euphemism) for one of @SexuallPosts “sexuall posts”


"Father of two, @heidiscruz's husband, fighter for liberty, dick in hand."

The internet collective dump on the richly deserving is something to behold.

Who wants to guess if this will make Ted more or less popular with the "new" Republican Base? We already know this will make him more popular with [Shreve] Dominionists [/Shreve] and evangelical Christians (both liking porn and deleting it at the same time!).


Eh. No effect whatsoever.

- For GOP faithful: a non-issue. As long as Cruz gets to sponsor all manner of bathroom bills, "conscientious objector" bills, bomb-throwing defund-the-government bills, our completely ends-oriented GOP isn't going to concern itself with Ted's feverishly churned-out, grunting and grubby denials.
- For liberals: yet another moralizing Republican gets hoisted on the "hysterical moralizing is for other people" petard. Film at fucking 11. (Then again, it's still fucking funny, but I amuse easily.)

Yeah, the only surprise is that with Ted Cruz it isn't German scat pr0n.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems worth revisiting what Al Franken has said about "the love child of Joe McCarthy and Dracula", which, holy fuck, I'm still laughing at.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:


Yeah, the only surprise is that with Ted Cruz it isn't German scat pr0n.


I always figured Ryan masturbated to images of hungry children begging for food.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
bbenston wrote:


Yeah, the only surprise is that with Ted Cruz it isn't German scat pr0n.


I always figured Ryan masturbated to images of hungry children begging for food.



I figured Paul Ryan for many things, but I don't think some sort of class-based pedophile is one of them. No, I think the image he pounds one out to is this one:

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
JohnnyOffice wrote:
Article wrote:
An aide to Cruz confirmed the comments to CNN, adding that there would be an internal effort to figure out who was responsible.


Reminiscent of OJ searching for the real killer.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised it isn't cuckoldry porn.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
20 
 Thumb up
0.15
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
'At the time, he and other clerks were helping the justices learn about internet pornography for legal purposes, which meant showing pornography to Rehnquist while seated next to former Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, whom Rehnquist dated in law school.

“As we watched these graphic pictures fill our screens, wide-eyed, no one said a word,” Cruz wrote in an excerpt published by Politico Magazine in 2015. “Except for Justice O’Connor, who lowered her head, squinted slightly, and muttered, ‘Oh, my.’”'

WHAT FRESH NIGHTMARE IMAGE IS THIS
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
The kung fu hippie from Gansta City
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Luddite here, but is Twitter pron for people too lazy to type two semi-random stimwords into a search engine?

SLOTH IS MORE DEADLY THAN LUST, ASSHOLE
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone here wrote:
I make fun of Trump because he can't stay off Twitter and no other politician ever twitted like that, but now I am willing to completely throw that out the window and think that a powerful senator not only does all his own tweeting, but gets his porn off his twitter account because herpaderp is fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Everyone here wrote:
I make fun of Trump because he can't stay off Twitter and no other politician ever twitted like that, but now I am willing to completely throw that out the window and think that a powerful senator not only does all his own tweeting, but gets his porn off his twitter account because herpaderp is fun.


Nope. I throw nothing out the window.

Look, I can't help that the GOP elected Trump. They'll never live that down. His blustering on and on about things he knows absolutely nothing about, in 140-character increments, is just the cherry on the shit sundae of his incompetence. The dumb, Junior. Trump's dumb is napalm.

"He may be an asshole, but he's our asshole" really only takes you so far, and to steal from Seth Myers, in the end you've still got an infected, white nationalist asshole.

Cruz, on the other hand, is definitely smart, maybe even brilliant. (It does take some brains to clerk for Supreme Court justices.) But I don't make fun of him for herpaderp, because that's not Cruz' MO. No, I make fun of him because he owes his entire career as a politician to being a hysterical moral scold. His stock in trade is demonizing poor dildos and excoriating gay people, neither of whom have done anything wrong, and while it's no surprise to me that the smarmiest bomb-thrower in the Senate beats it to phone Twitter porn, the fact that Ted Frigging Cruz managed to smarm through his hilarious denial is just more comedy sauce for his greasy, furtive, and grubby goose.

If people don't have a right to "stimulate their own genitals", according to him, then maybe he should give us all a break and do his own research. Nude and quietly desperate research.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Everyone here wrote:
I make fun of Trump because he can't stay off Twitter and no other politician ever twitted like that, but now I am willing to completely throw that out the window and think that a powerful senator not only does all his own tweeting, but gets his porn off his twitter account because herpaderp is fun.


Nope. I throw nothing out the window.

Look, I can't help that the GOP elected Trump. They'll never live that down. His blustering on and on about things he knows absolutely nothing about, in 140-character increments, is just the cherry on the shit sundae of his incompetence. The dumb, Junior. Trump's dumb is napalm.

"He may be an asshole, but he's our asshole" really only takes you so far, and to steal from Seth Myers, in the end you've still got an infected, white nationalist asshole.

Cruz, on the other hand, is definitely smart, maybe even brilliant. (It does take some brains to clerk for Supreme Court justices.) But I don't make fun of him for herpaderp, because that's not Cruz' MO. No, I make fun of him because he owes his entire career as a politician to being a hysterical moral scold. His stock in trade is demonizing poor dildos and excoriating gay people, neither of whom have done anything wrong, and while it's no surprise to me that the smarmiest bomb-thrower in the Senate beats it to phone Twitter porn, the fact that Ted Frigging Cruz managed to smarm through his hilarious denial is just more comedy sauce for his greasy, furtive, and grubby goose.

If people don't have a right to "stimulate their own genitals", according to him, then maybe he should give us all a break and do his own research. Nude and quietly desperate research.


So you start with "no" but then spend the rest of the post saying "yes." And I get it, it's fun to do for all the reasons you say. But if I had asked you a week ago if, while certainly accountable for everything that his feed posts, do you think Ted Cruz personally manages his Twitter feed, what would your response have been? My guess? A lot different than it is now when it's a fun story.

Cruz will do an internal investigation of his social media team. He'll find out who did it. And that person will be terminated. And I hope they are let go quietly, since Cruz being a prude does not mean that an innocent person should be publicly shamed for getting a bit sloppy between personal and work logins, along with having a different moral compass than Cruz.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Everyone here wrote:
I make fun of Trump because he can't stay off Twitter and no other politician ever twitted like that, but now I am willing to completely throw that out the window and think that a powerful senator not only does all his own tweeting, but gets his porn off his twitter account because herpaderp is fun.


Nope. I throw nothing out the window.

Look, I can't help that the GOP elected Trump. They'll never live that down. His blustering on and on about things he knows absolutely nothing about, in 140-character increments, is just the cherry on the shit sundae of his incompetence. The dumb, Junior. Trump's dumb is napalm.

"He may be an asshole, but he's our asshole" really only takes you so far, and to steal from Seth Myers, in the end you've still got an infected, white nationalist asshole.

Cruz, on the other hand, is definitely smart, maybe even brilliant. (It does take some brains to clerk for Supreme Court justices.) But I don't make fun of him for herpaderp, because that's not Cruz' MO. No, I make fun of him because he owes his entire career as a politician to being a hysterical moral scold. His stock in trade is demonizing poor dildos and excoriating gay people, neither of whom have done anything wrong, and while it's no surprise to me that the smarmiest bomb-thrower in the Senate beats it to phone Twitter porn, the fact that Ted Frigging Cruz managed to smarm through his hilarious denial is just more comedy sauce for his greasy, furtive, and grubby goose.

If people don't have a right to "stimulate their own genitals", according to him, then maybe he should give us all a break and do his own research. Nude and quietly desperate research.
So you start with "no" but then spend the rest of the post saying "yes." And I get it, it's fun to do for all the reasons you say. But if I had asked you a week ago if, while certainly accountable for everything that his feed posts, do you think Ted Cruz personally manages his Twitter feed, what would your response have been? My guess? A lot different than it is now when it's a fun story.

Cruz will do an internal investigation of his social media team. He'll find out who did it. And that person will be terminated. And I hope they are let go quietly, since Cruz being a prude does not mean that an innocent person should be publicly shamed for getting a bit sloppy between personal and work logins, along with having a different moral compass than Cruz.
It's certain that someone who is not Ted Cruz will be blamed for this. 100% certain. It is not 100% certain, even by you, that Ted Cruz was not himself personally responsible for this fuck up. He probably wasn't, but no one, except him and one or two members (get it?) of his staff (repeat joke from above but it was too good to pass up), will ever know for sure. Pretending that there's no way it was Cruz is a fiction. It's not like he did not have access to that Twitter account.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.