D Le
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.kanataboardgamers.ca

The Pre-Show Edition

Theme: Kanata Con 2017 has arrived. This Friday and Saturday! But if that's not enough for you, come out Thurs night as well . We'll be starting some set up, but certainly planning to get some gaming in.

There is a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers every Thursday; next one is 14 SEPT 2017. The start time for the session is 6pm till approximately 11pm.

We meet at the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) at 46 Castlefrank Rd, which is beside the Hazeldean Public Library. There is parking outside. Just go straight through the doors facing the lot, and you can't miss us!

$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into our board game library fund. Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next.

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores. (FAQ)

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let Steve know, and he'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to CanGames to support kids games, and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to Castlefrank exit, EXIT 139
2. Turn left onto Kanata Ave
3. Continue about 2km to 46 Castlefrank Rd, just past Hazeldean Rd.
4. Destination will be on the left, at the stop sign. Go up the hill.
5. Go through the doors facing the parking lot and into the main hall.

Directions using public transportation
Starting on Apr. 23: Route 118 becomes Frequent Route 88
(From the East)
1. From Hurdman Station - Route 88 Kanata (not 88 Bells Corners) - get off at Hazeldean & Castlefrank.
2. From St-Laurent Station (through Downtown) - Route 61 Stittsville (during peak PM will be Route 61C only) - get off at Castlefrank & Hazeldean.
3. From Downtown (peak PM only) Route 267 Kanata - get off at Castlefrank & Winchester (the bottom of the church driveway).

(From the West)
1. From Terry Fox Station - Route 88 Hurdman - get off at Hazeldean & Castlefrank.
2. Also, the 61 does go by from Stittsville, but it doesn't have a stop that's right at Castlefrank & Hazeldean. The closest is Castlefrank & MacNeil, with a walk south to Castlefrank & Hazeldean.

When walking south on Castlefrank, the church is on your left and is well signed. Go up the hill to the doors in the back facing the parking lot, and into the main hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New poster and everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve,
Do you happen to know if we needed to pre-order t-shirts for the Con?
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sabean
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
The poster says Saturday-Sunday. Should be Friday-Saturday, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is Friday and Saturday. No Con on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaimowitz wrote:
It is Friday and Saturday. No Con on Sunday.

The poster needs fixin' because it says Saturday and Sunday instead of the proper Friday and Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After helping set up the venue for Kanata Con I was able to get in a game of The Castles of Burgundy with Louie and Rod. It was Rod's first time playing and Louie's second and they both did great. Rod focused on completing areas and jumped out to a big lead. Louie had plenty of flexibility in taking and placing tiles and by the end of the game finishing off his farms caught him up to Rod. I was focused on getting and selling goods and end game scoring. I had plenty of cash going into the last round but the tiles available in the market were mostly useless to me. In the penultimate round I wasted an action grabbing a building it didn't make sense to build (and I didn't) and it ended up costing me the victory as I finished 2 points behind Rod and Louie was nipping at our heels. Had I sold a good instead of grabbing that building I would have scored an additional 8 points. Still, we all made moves we regretted and it was a fun game with two people I hadn't had a chance to play with before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul,

No T's this year. I have a 2016 I can sell ya... Never been worn....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsabean wrote:
The poster says Saturday-Sunday. Should be Friday-Saturday, right?

Thanks! Fixed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srlarkin wrote:
Hey Paul,

No T's this year. I have a 2016 I can sell ya... Never been worn....

I was going to ask about Ts. Oh well, I guess my 2016 one will have to last another year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.