Subject: Couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Johnson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Summon
Does a creature from the secondary deck with the Summon keyword summon a card from the secondary deck as well? For example, does Dal summon another arcane secondary encounter? I assume that's how it works, but man, brutal.

Heroic Charge
Does this card count itself for purposes of the text effect ("For every martial card played...")?

Tokens
This one is specific to Wastes of an Ancient Empire. For two-players, do you count each of the characters two class types toward the extra token rules? It specifically says you add extra tokens when the encounter matches "your class color."

I've been playing this according to my own variation. It's clear from the four player version of the scenario that you are supposed to face at least one set of three tokens each scene. So, whichever of the two characters gets the first encounter for the scene gets three. After that, three tokens are only added if it matches the PRIMARY class color. Otherwise, it just seems too hard to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guy Somebody wrote:
Summon
Does a creature from the secondary deck with the Summon keyword summon a card from the secondary deck as well? For example, does Dal summon another arcane secondary encounter? I assume that's how it works, but man, brutal.

Summons should indicate from which deck they draw or the rules should define it.

Quote:
Heroic Charge
Does this card count itself for purposes of the text effect ("For every martial card played...")?

It should. Crossfire/DragonFire tend to have floating triggers like this, and they count all cards before, during and after the play of the card. In other words, order shouldn't matter and it counts itself because it doesn't say "each other martial". Crossfire had at least a few cards with the template that was "for each OTHER [cardtype] played this turn..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Rose
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your class colour is all the colours you choose to play.
If you are playing 2 players/1 character per person, then you each have 2 colourts and count for 2 colours.
I know somewhere it was stated that some things qualify it with "your PRIMARY colour" but not in this case, I would wager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Johnson
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
OregonPinkRose wrote:
If you are playing 2 players/1 character per person, then you each have 2 colourts and count for 2 colours.
I know somewhere it was stated that some things qualify it with "your PRIMARY colour" but not in this case, I would wager.

That's how it seems to me, but it also just seems brutally hard with two players. To me, it seems clear the way the rules are designed that it's intended that you face at least one 3-token set each scene with a relatively small chance that you might face more. So, my approach has been that I only count the primary and secondary class color toward the token rules on the first encounter that's drawn per scene.

That being said, I'm still like 0/6 on Wastes with 2-players. There have been a couple of times I've won but then later realized I forgot some rule (most recently, not handling a location correctly).

I am just baffled that they decided to make the first adventure in the campaign so difficult. It's just turned into a big turn-off for me. Of course, I could just keep replying until I am level 3, at which point the 2-player rules would allow me to swap in a few burning oils and then suddenly everything is much, much easier.

It's nice that they made some rules to make two-player play possible, but it's just so clear it's not how the game is meant to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanda Paladino
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I'm misunderstanding something. Why would being level 3 let you swap in a burning oil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian G
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OregonPinkRose wrote:

We're playing this scenario for the first time and I can't make up my mind on this still.

I came here for clarification, but some of the quoted terms are a bit off and there was only two (contrasting) votes given, so I'm a bit torn.

The adventure card states encounters are placed facing "the character whose Class Type color matches the encounter's color."

I know from the guide that, in a two player game, this applies to BOTH classes of a character, because we play as both class types.

However, in the token section, it refers to "encounter that matches the player's color."

The guide refers to multi-classing as playing as multiple classes for the sake of encounters, but never refers to a player's color.

I feel like that's a small difference to nitpick, but it was pointed out that the encounter card uses two different terms, character with "Class Type color" and "player's color." Do these awkwardly refer to the exact same things, as hinted by the section in the guide "Class Type (color)?"

After recently learning that the adventure-level-modifying rules were intended differently than written, I think this is worth figuring out for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The following have two colors:
A character taking a second role
A character who has taken a subclass that says they also count as another color

In the case of Wastes, you generate tokens based on all colors you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If something says Primary Class or Color, only the color of your character screen matters. Otherwise both colors count to trigger any given effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.