C Smith
msg tools
Section 2.3.8 of the rulebook includes this line: "Each Command and Special Activity is independent and not limited by other actions on this card." Am I right in thinking this would allow me to Battle and Skirmish in the same space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. However, I believe Common Cause still has to pair with a March (Ed: or Battle, see below post). But other than that, you can Battle and Skirmish in the same space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Minor correction: Common Cause during a Brilliant Stroke has to pair with a Command that could use the Indians as Tories, so either a March or a Battle. (IOW, you're not allowed to use a BS Common Cause with a Muster to allow Reward Loyalty or replace the War Parties-turned-Tories with a British Fort.)

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Duffield
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
We had the same question come up last night. The Skirmish special activity says specifically that you can't use it in a Battle space. So can you circumvent that statement by choosing to Skirmish first and then Battle? That seems to be getting around the intent to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A normal Skirmish accompanying (4.1.1) a Battle Command may not take place in a space where the accompanying Battle is taking place or will take place.

What the rule 2.3.8 says is that the three actions granted by the Brilliant Stroke Event are all independent of one another. This means that the Brilliant Stroke Special Activity has no accompanying Command - and since it has no accompanying Command, it is unaffected by where you executed or will execute the two Brilliant Stroke LimOps.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.