Subject: If you lost your game collection due to natural disaster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
If anyone lost their entire game collection due to natural disaster, which game would you replace first? How many games would you be able to replace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
If anyone lost their entire game collection due to natural disaster, which game would you replace first? How many games would you be able to replace?

1 - Impossible to answer.

Maybe friends give you games because of the disaster.

The first you buy is likely the first you lost and want again that you find for sale.

2 - Obviously as many as possible.

Why is orange such a cool color?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if I was worried about a natural disaster I would stop being lazy and go talk to my insurance company.

I suppose if one hits I would replace anything I rate a 9+ very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I would immediately replace

Polis
Tigris and Euphrates
Sekigahara
The Grizzled
Pax Porfiriana

I estimate one third of my collection is impossible to replace. I would especially miss:

Maria

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I would not replace any. I would take it as a sign to stop buying board games!

The only game I would probably (and yep, just probably) miss is War of the Ring Collector's Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I might consider it a sign that it is time to change hobbies

Seriously there's some "staples" I would probably replace but it would be hard to track down everything at this point. I just don't know if I would want to put the effort into it. It would also depend upon what else was lost in the same event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Delarosa
Philippines
flag msg tools
Bloodrage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:

I already did, once, and I did stop collecting. While I have a lot of games in my library at any time, I trade, sell, give away, and swapout often.

I did replace HeroQuest, Battle Masters, Hunt for Red October, and Red Storm Rising, because they got me into gaming.

(I never did replace and LPs and not really any books. And not really any game consoles.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's plenty I wouldn't replace.
There's also a few I likely wouldn't be able to replace, due to being out of print for a long time.

I think I'd slowly replace them, one (or a few) at a time, depending on what I'd currently want to play the most. Right now, I'd start with Robinson Crusoe, Mage Knight and Cyclades, I think.

Also, it's extremely likely that if I lost my boardgame collection due to a natural disaster, I'd also lose my RPG collection. I'd be more worried about the latter and try to replace it with priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you did (and it's happened to some members) I hope and I'm pretty sure some fellow geeks would help you rebuild a collection by sending you some games!

I'd totally get Aeon's End and Onirim (second edition) again. Not so sure about the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy

I would build a new collection over the years.

You don't need a natural disaster to lose your collection, when I moved abroad I had to get rid of most of my games at the time.

It was only many years later when I came back that I started acquiring games again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Rage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.