Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Viral» Forums » Rules

Subject: Research reduction when already maxed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming this is legal, but wanted to run it by people here anyway.

If a player has their research token hit the top of the research track, they are still ok to have it go back down later if they control a zone with the -1 on it? I had a situation where a player received way more than what was needed to be cured, and at the very end had a -1 which made them not actually get wiped out despite making way more than needed to max them out on that turn. Is this legal and just an interesting occurrence when the -1s are late in the Zone order?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge de Grandes
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
The Research step (2) goes before the Cure step (5), so I'd say yes. If he manages to lower his research value before that step he will not get wiped out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I am assuming this is legal, but wanted to run it by people here anyway.

If a player has their research token hit the top of the research track, they are still ok to have it go back down later if they control a zone with the -1 on it? I had a situation where a player received way more than what was needed to be cured, and at the very end had a -1 which made them not actually get wiped out despite making way more than needed to max them out on that turn. Is this legal and just an interesting occurrence when the -1s are late in the Zone order?


Yes, it is legal meeple
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to that question :
Are research tokens scored by the zones order, i.e. 1 to 6?
This is significant when maxed or at the bottom of the research track.
We assumed this is the case, but couldn't find confirmation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
To add to that question :
Are research tokens scored by the zones order, i.e. 1 to 6?
This is significant when maxed or at the bottom of the research track.
We assumed this is the case, but couldn't find confirmation.


Yes they are.

Which means that if the Kidneys have a "-1" research token, controlling them is very powerful because it means you will never get wiped.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
newsaidin wrote:
To add to that question :
Are research tokens scored by the zones order, i.e. 1 to 6?
This is significant when maxed or at the bottom of the research track.
We assumed this is the case, but couldn't find confirmation.


Yes they are.

Which means that if the Livers have a "-1" research token, controlling them is very powerful because it means you will never get wiped.

You mean the kidneys? Yes..

Though in our game it was the brain so not as much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
Wildhorn wrote:
newsaidin wrote:
To add to that question :
Are research tokens scored by the zones order, i.e. 1 to 6?
This is significant when maxed or at the bottom of the research track.
We assumed this is the case, but couldn't find confirmation.


Yes they are.

Which means that if the Livers have a "-1" research token, controlling them is very powerful because it means you will never get wiped.

You mean the kidneys? Yes..

Though in our game it was the brain so not as much.


Indeed the Kidneys... did someone said Livers? Not me
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Piggy-Back question!

The step where a player's research token is reset to the bottom happens, all of their non-shield viruses return to their supply,.......and all the ones that stayed because they were shield side up are turned to non-shield side up, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Piggy-Back question!

The step where a player's research token is reset to the bottom happens, all of their non-shield viruses return to their supply,.......and all the ones that stayed because they were shield side up are turned to non-shield side up, right?


Right.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.