11 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Big Box 2017 insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Zywczyk
msg tools
mb
Any idea how to use it efficiently? I figured out where the base game goes and expansions too but what about the meeples and tons of space in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slanesh wrote:
Any idea how to use it efficiently? I figured out where the base game goes and expansions too but what about the meeples and tons of space in the box?

Can you link to some images please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Zywczyk
msg tools
mb

One of the issues I have with this insert is that right now it can only be stored and moved in one position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you need a baggie.

Or you could put the wooden components inside the tile-bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slanesh wrote:
One of the issues I have with this insert is that right now it can only be stored and moved in one position.

Pretty much why I hate stock plastic inserts. Sometimes I need to put a game vertical (transport or storage) and in mere seconds all of the components become messy. That or many of the plastics are also not sleeve friendly if a game needs to be sleeved (Chucked Splendor's and Clank's inserts after sleeving them both, Clank's was tossed after I got the Sunken Treasures insert).

I think there are boxes out there on Etsy that will help with storing the big box (previous big boxes had their own self contained wooden boxes, but this was before BB6.), but they can cost a pretty penny. The Broken Token insert won't fit in the big box (Too small, will rattle around inside and stuff will go out of the trenches, methinks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:
Looks like you need a baggie.

Or you could put the wooden components inside the tile-bag.

Was thinking the wooden components separated into smaller baggies before putting them in the tilebag myself, Tom (though as a non-BB6 owner)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john pooley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have an older version of the Big Box which had a map on the inside lid for where things go. I actually ended up throwing the box away though and use something like this instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Zywczyk
msg tools
mb
Ok guys I messed up. There are isntructions on the box on the inside of the cover part. Generally I might be able to make this work but it could be way more optimal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries on that, just, watch out if you plan on having the box go vertical in some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Garner
United States
Lutherville
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slanesh wrote:

Look inside the lid -- you will see this image
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3746551/carcassonne-big-box-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Was anyone else missing a tile in the middle of one of their sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.