Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morocco Mole
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can al-Maliki Event be used to remove troops in Philippines (allowed by Abu Sayaf)?

Thanks in advance.

MMole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Edelstein
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post the text of the event when asking about it, to make your question easier to answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morocco Mole
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here are the cards.

Abu Sayyaf
Place a cell in the the Philippines. When Abu Sayyaf in effect, US may deploy there and -1 prestige for each plot placed there unless troops outnumber cells. Blocked by Moro Talks.

al-Malaki
Remove all Troops from a Jihadist player designated country with Troops. Set Alignment to Neutral and place and Aid marker. Remove any Regime Change marker; other markers/pieces remain.

Where I'm unsure is in regards to the text on al-Malaki that I have highlighted above.

Do I interpret as
1. I can remove troops and just ignore the alignment and aid or
2. Since I cannot set alignment and add aid, I can't use the card on the Philippines.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morocco_Mole wrote:
1. I can remove troops and just ignore the alignment and aid or

This.

As long as Philippines is a valid target for Card #185 (i.e., there's at least one Troop cube), it's ok and you implement as much of the event as possible (i.e., ignore what obviously does not apply to non-Muslim countries, like Alignment, Aid and Regime Change Markers).

For reference, see Rule 6.2.4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.