Subject: Ravages of War - Leadership loss permanent? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just preparing for my first solo attempt on the Suicide of Greece scenario and wanted to check whether the one Strategos loss for each side during war is permanent or just for that wartime turn. The unit loss conditions for the Ravages of War rules specify that units are removed from the game permanently, but there is no mention of permanent removal for Leadership Loss.

Thanks,

Brent.

D. Leadership Loss: At the end of each game turn that War has been declared, both sides remove from the game 1 Strategos token from their stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goshublue wrote:
I'm just preparing for my first solo attempt on the Suicide of Greece scenario and wanted to check whether the one Strategos loss for each side during war is permanent or just for that wartime turn. The unit loss conditions for the Ravages of War rules specify that units are removed from the game permanently, but there is no mention of permanent removal for Leadership Loss.

Thanks,

Brent.

D. Leadership Loss: At the end of each game turn that War has been declared, both sides remove from the game 1 Strategos token from their stock.

Permanent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avedis Yaacoubian
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
I've started thinking too much about this rule and I was hoping to get a few clarifications.

1. Does this loss also occur at the end of a game turn in which war is ongoing and nobody won a war/peace issue?

2. If the loss strictly occurs only at the end of a game turn when an actual declaration occurs through the war/peace issue then would the loss also occur if currently at war and only one side won the war/peace issue. Basically, can you declare war while at war?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mawrocks wrote:
I've started thinking too much about this rule and I was hoping to get a few clarifications.

1. Does this loss also occur at the end of a game turn in which war is ongoing and nobody won a war/peace issue?

2. If the loss strictly occurs only at the end of a game turn when an actual declaration occurs through the war/peace issue then would the loss also occur if currently at war and only one side won the war/peace issue. Basically, can you declare war while at war?

My interpretation of this is your much simpler case 1, although I'd agree the wording is confusing. I just assumed that the Strategos token loss occurred at the end of any turn that the game condition was war, not on the turn that it changed from peace to war. This seems logical from what the rule is representing, the loss of command resources due to the extended conflict. I think the "war has been declared" phrase is there because the scenario starts with peace and maybe it should be read as "once war has been declared", although even that is ambiguous.

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.