United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
This Might Be Offensive
badge
As does everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
I own VEE w/ TEE, and my wife and I absolutely love it. It's our first worker placement game as well. We don't mind heavy games at all, so I was wondering if would be worth picking up a copy of either 2010 Vinhos or 2016 Vinhos Deluxe. Aside from being heavier, is it different enough from VEE+TEE to be worth while?
For those that have played both, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
There's discussion on this kicking around. General recommendations for vinhos 2016, as more friendly to newcomers.

Weight, complexity, ruleset, length are all a big step up from Viticulture. I don't think I've read anyone suggest they felt similar in play, can't imagine they would.

You might consider a slightly more sideways step to Brew Crafters, which is well regarded and also considered worth owning alongside Viticulture, while being seemingly comparable in weight, length, complexity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lzmountaingames wrote:
There's discussion on this kicking around. General recommendations for vinhos 2016, as more friendly to newcomers.

To be clear, that's relative to 2010 Vinhos, not relative to Viticulture, where certainly the opposite would be true.

I personally thought Viticulture was awful, so my opinion probably isn't very useful to you on Vinhos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i own both, VEE+TEE probably being my favorite game and vinhos being in my top 3. (just to be complete: i have vinhos deluxe, which contains both 2010 and 2016 versions, but i played only 2016. I have the retail version, so no expansions)

the only thing in common is the theme, but the games are really different, imho.
in TEE you are producing wine, in vinhos you are managing a wine company.

VEE is much easier to teach and introduce, once someone knows VEE teaching them TEE is not too much of a step. Vinhos is a monster to teach, so keep that in mind as well.

I think TEE works perfectly at any player count, so 2-6 with no problems (I would avoid teaching the game at 6p tho, it would be a bit too long probably.. but if players already know at least VEE there would be no problems whatsoever), but it gives different feelings at even number, being more tight, or odd numbers, being more open. Vinhos plays really well at every player count as well, so 2-4, i usually play it at 2p and it works perfectly.

the main difference between the two imho is that TEE is a race game where you are trying to reach the goal as fast as possible, in vinhos you have a certain amount of turns and you are trying to find the exact sequence of actions to optimize your game and achieve as much as possible.

If you like heavier games jump into vinhos, it is wonderful. and it is different enough from TEE to own both, imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.