Subject: This game looks amaaaaaaaaaaazing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't hit the back project button fast enough.

After backing Anaachrony and loving it this was instabuy for me.

The sneak peak when it was first announced had me kind of intrigued but after seeing the kickstarter reveal I'm really impressed.

All the bits, minis and artwork look phenomenal and I'm digging the theme a lot.

Can't wait guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, for one, am really surprised at how affordable the prepainted minis are. Those look gorgeous and way better than I could do in the amount of time that $25 is worth to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yeah for sure.

Easily an add on for me. Normally anything I don't have to paint is a bonus for me with my time constraints but the quality of the paint jobs are awesome and so cheap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jackson
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
CowStriker wrote:
Couldn't hit the back project button fast enough.

After backing Anaachrony and loving it this was instabuy for me.

The sneak peak when it was first announced had me kind of intrigued but after seeing the kickstarter reveal I'm really impressed.

All the bits, minis and artwork look phenomenal and I'm digging the theme a lot.

Can't wait guys!

I couldn't agree more. I was fortunate enough to demo it at Gen Con and was very delighted. I thought it was the best looking game from Gen Con. I have both Trickerion and Anachrony and really enjoy both.
It was easy for me to back this game. The worst part is having to wait until July to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get Trickerion that was before I got into kickstarter. Anachrony blew me away though and their campaign and deliver was really smooth.

Hopefully Cerebria runs in the same way and we'll have it before July

fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immanuel Aquino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should get Trickerion even in retail. The game is a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
py gamer
msg tools
CowStriker wrote:
I didn't get Trickerion that was before I got into kickstarter. Anachrony blew me away though and their campaign and deliver was really smooth.

Hopefully Cerebria runs in the same way and we'll have it before July

fingers crossed.

Trickerion is a gem of a game. I played the normal game about 5 times, then over the course of two more games, added in the extras. Blew me away. A 3hr 2 player game where my buddy and I were like kids playing a first video game. It was so mentally satisfying and the decisions were white knuckle the whole way. We did this a few months back and I can still recall play by play. Soooo.. as you cannot get the ks version, if you get the retail version, get the expansion as well, which contains the extra ks content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree that $25 is hella cheap for the paint jobs presented. What concerns me more is the $75 for the rest of it. I mean, it's basically a card game. And not a lot of cards either. I've certainly paid more for cards, but I got 1000 of them.

I'm in for the painted minis, (and the Mindclash track record), but I'm not all that comfortable with the price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
I will admit when you compare what you got for 80$ with anachrony, this seems a bit more expensive. If it were not for how amazing Mindclash has been in both game design and customer support I may have passed it up. Until they prove me wrong I will continue to back them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see it as $80 for x amount of cardboard/plastic

I see it as $80 for development, production, artwork, etc, etc.

If you look at some games that cost $80 now especially now that Asmodee has got their finger in nearly every pie, I don't see $80 as a totally terrible price point for what we're given.

Plus there's stretch goals on the horizon which will surely bump up the value considerably.

I trust Mindclash, I don't think we're going to be let down in the slightest with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Péter
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CowStriker wrote:

Plus there's stretch goals on the horizon which will surely bump up the value considerably.

This is a really good point, thank you for bringing it up!

The tricky part of KS pricing is exactly this - you have to put a reasonable price tag on a game that's (if the campaign goes well, of course ) going to go up in value significantly, without the means of adjusting the price on the go.

I can confidently say that if we hit the stretch goals we have in store, you won't be disappointed in the end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Viktor,

You guys got a gameplay video on the way?

Reviews and pics are ok but I'd love to see how a round or 2 plays.

I'd be willing to put my hand up for an advanced copy and do a gameplay video.

At no additional cost to you of course

Although I can't guarantee the quality. Clearly an offer you can't refuse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noelics wrote:
You should get Trickerion even in retail. The game is a blast.
Just picked up a copy at mm for $37
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was seriously surprised there isn't a Rahdo for this, seems like a game he would be all over and the man could sell me a pile of old sticks. But that KS intro video is frikkin amazing, sadly all fluff though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, after their first two games, I expected the next to be an instant back for me, but the team nature of the game has put me off a little, I must admit. Not sure why because I don't have very much like that on my shelves, so it would certainly find a place of its own. Not saying that I won't back, but I am waiting for a decent video or two - and Rahdo would certainly help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
have you checked out the play modes they added?

you got solo, 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 2 player co-op against ai.

I have no shortage of area control games but this one still grabbed me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not area control that I'm missing, but team games. I do have a play test copy of SpyNet which was enjoyable, so maybe I'm being too harsh on the team concept...

And yeah, I saw the different modes. That's what re-piqued my interest. Hoping they're not just bolt-on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
It's not area control that I'm missing, but team games. I do have a play test copy of SpyNet which was enjoyable, so maybe I'm being too harsh on the team concept...

And yeah, I saw the different modes. That's what re-piqued my interest. Hoping they're not just bolt-on...

They're not

1v2 and 1v1 was previously "two-handed" affairs, which was un-yieldy, several people (including myself) have highlighted this, so the guys spent ample time figuring out how to "boost" 1 character to be the equal of 2.

(So if A plays against B&C, turns go like A B A C A B A C...)

The solo and the coop is yet to be finalized (that's my job) but if you like what I've done on Anachrony & Petrichor, then I'm okay with you having your hopes raised reasonably high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a gameplay video as well. I suppose 4 player preferably. The game is undeniably pretty, but I have a lot of pretty games (Trickerion and Anachrony among them) and don't want to throw $100 at a game I'm not sure I'll find fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Selzler
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Yes it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

The solo and the coop is yet to be finalized (that's my job) but if you like what I've done on Anachrony & Petrichor, then I'm okay with you having your hopes raised reasonably high.

Solo player here. I really liked what you did on Anachrony David, so yes my expectations are HIGH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.