Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Do you guys think there will be more expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Smith
United States
California
flag msg tools
Maybe a large expansion which adds a new board. I also think that having a total of 12 characters with the base game, four mini expansions, and unbreakable bonds combined is very low. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with their new GMless RPG set in the Runebound universe? Of course. Time to make the Universe shine (and hopefully revamp warhammer quest card game into the Runebound universe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebstone wrote:
with their new GMless RPG set in the Runebound universe? Of course. Time to make the Universe shine (and hopefully revamp warhammer quest card game into the Runebound universe)

Runebound Disk Wars, which is what the original collectible Disk Wars game was.

I think they will continue to support the game, I just don't think expansions will be pumped out frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebstone wrote:

Not gonna happen. The Sadler bros posted a while ago on BGG that they tried revamping the series but it didn't go well, and that's why they revamped it on their own in one of their new games (Awful Fantasy Something, don't remember exactly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure that girls also have an opinion on that question.whistle

I am a guy, and I think that FFG will produce many other expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebstone wrote:

GMless RPG? Was there a product announcement I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Jebstone wrote:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/legacyofdrago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
Jebstone wrote:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/legacyofdrago...

Wow, looks like a Choose Your Own Adventure book on steroids!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just snagged a copy of Unbreakable Bonds and read through the rulebook, and I have to say I'm once again blown away by the cleverness and intuitiveness of Runebound 3e. So much depth and variety has been added to the game without adding fiddliness or complication. It continues to be one of the most beautifully designed games I've ever played. I still yearn for a bigger map though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Sedgwick
United Kingdom
Chislehurst
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now with Unbreakable Bonds, I'm not sure I see myself wanting to purchase anything else. There's enough missions and options, I don't want to buy all the characters again as I already have everything from Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The minis themselves aren't really the value of having the new characters, it's the tokens and rules to use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsu Chi
Poland
flag msg tools
I would appreciate a bigger map but that not replace the existing one.

I would add portals/cave entrances/labirinths/underworld that give you access to a new smaller area with slighty different/harder rules, where you have separate adventure cards decks and unique assets to get and maybe some stronger creature to fight.
So when and if you emerge from that place your hero is stronger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.