Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I've been saying a long time. Sarandan saying that maybe Trump winning would be good because that would kick off "The Revolution" was truly a low point of the campaign.

http://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2017/09/09/liberal-celeb...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh whatever. People who voted third party aren't the cause of every bad thing that happens because of Trump. What a clickbait trash fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
What's next? Are they going to tell anyone that didn't vote for Hillary that their voices and time and money isn't needed to oppose Trump's agenda on immigration and other critical matters?

Why not just chop your nose off to spite your face?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
Oh whatever. People who voted third party aren't the cause of every bad thing that happens because of Trump. What a clickbait trash fire.

Reads like a guilty conscience ><

It's pretty directly aimed at the EXTREMELY privileged white celebrities who spent the whole year speaking form absurdly over the top privilege.

If you include yourself in that group, that's your own hangup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

Reads like a guilty conscience ><

It's pretty directly aimed at the EXTREMELY privileged white celebrities who spent the whole year speaking form absurdly over the top privilege.

If you include yourself in that group, that's your own hangup.

Nah I voted for Hillrod. I couldn't stand her, but I was frightened of Trump and I live in PA. Where do these people live? Oh right. California? Remind me again who won there.

So no, I don't identify with them. Why is it that I can't disagree with something without you constantly making it personal? I really wish you would stop doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we agree that Extreme white hollywood privilege talking about "REVOLUTION" when they'd in fact be amongst the first up against the wall is properly absurd, and eminently mockable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Can we agree that Extreme white hollywood privilege talking about "REVOLUTION" when they'd in fact be amongst the first up against the wall is properly absurd, and eminently mockable?

Do people actually pay attention to Susan Sarandon? Aren't she and Tim Robbins pretty much regarded as the spacey liberals from California? Why is this news suddenly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh look, another thread where windsagio tries to absolve his idol/crush Hillary of any blame for the Trumpocalypse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:

Oh look, another thread where windsagio tries to absolve his idol/crush Hillary of any blame for the Trumpocalypse.

Man you should have called me a "White Knight", the opportunity was perfect!

It doesn't have much to do about why Clinton lost though, it's more about calling out a particularly clueless form of 'progressive' wealth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Do people actually pay attention to Susan Sarandon? Aren't she and Tim Robbins pretty much regarded as the spacey liberals from California? Why is this news suddenly?

I have no idea why you're so hostile on this article Sue :( It's calling out people who I think we all agree are useless wastoids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
windsagio wrote:

I have no idea why you're so hostile on this article Sue It's calling out people who I think we all agree are useless wastoids.

Oh yeah, it's me that's hostile with that BS to me about how I'm taking it personally. How on earth could it be personal? You always do this with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
windsagio wrote:

I have no idea why you're so hostile on this article Sue :( It's calling out people who I think we all agree are useless wastoids.

Oh yeah, it's me that's hostile with that BS to me about how I'm taking it personally. How on earth could it be personal? You always do this with me.

and I quote;

Quote:

that's not coming in hot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:

It doesn't have much to do about why Clinton lost though, it's more about calling out a particularly clueless form of 'progressive' wealth.

Actually I agree with the point that we needed to get behind Hillary in order to defeat Trump, and Sarandon and Kaepernick did great damage by promoting the view it didn't matter. I sympathize with your outrage. Also for the record I not only voted for her in FL but also got a few other people to do so that possibly would've stayed home. I did my part.

The glaring truth you can't seem to accept though is that the person most responsible for Hillary losing was Hillary. She had the most control over her own fate and made egregious mistakes clearly traceable to her hubris and other odious personality flaws. My outrage at Hillary is greatest of all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
windsagio wrote:

I have no idea why you're so hostile on this article Sue It's calling out people who I think we all agree are useless wastoids.

and I quote;

Quote:

that's not coming in hot?

Bye, Mike. Enjoy your outrage thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't do that sadly, you already Koldfooted the fuck out of it :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Actually I agree with the point that we needed to get behind Hillary in order to defeat Trump, and Sarandon and Kaepernick did great damage by promoting the view it didn't matter. I sympathize with your outrage. Also for the record I not only voted for her in FL but also got a few other people to do so that possibly would've stayed home. I did my part.

The glaring truth you can't seem to accept though is that the person most responsible for Hillary losing was Hillary. She had the most control over her own fate and made egregious mistakes clearly traceable to her hubris and other odious personality flaws. My outrage at Hillary is greatest of all.

I also got people to vote in Texas even tho it was hopeless. The fact Hillary was a methodist made a difference to one person.

This was the first election in my life that damaged friendships however. Killed some.

While Clinton is responsible for her own fate, I blame Comey for breaking with FBI tradition and I blame/credit 16 years of constant attacks by republicans creating the false impression there was a 'there' there. When I investigated Clinton (who I said was unelectable 18 months out because there were too many people who flat wouldn't vote for her), I found a competent wonk who didn't scare the shit out of me and who wasn't going to hurt the people I care about who was in the pocket of a particular group of corporations.

If you are going to blame someone- blame the democratic party for not recognizing that a Clinton win was going to be almost impossible those and many other reasons (including the fact the democrats had just owned the presidency the prior 8 years).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
There's always a little blame to go around when someone loses an election, especially one she should've had in the bag given that her opponent was a carpet-bagging braggart with a dubious track record, no tact, no government experience, and no clue about how government works. What's different about Hillary is that she's spent the past ten months personally pointing fingers and assigning blame, like a grade school teacher handing out the D's and F's. It's the Russians. Wikileaks. Comey. Sanders. Obama. The debate moderators. The media. Misogyny. Now BET weighs in on the blame game, pointing the finger at celebrity liberals who didn't toe the line. Right. Surely Ralph Nader must also be in the mix. It wouldn't be complete without him.

At some point, history will tell us that Hillary Clinton lost because of who she is and what she represents. Hillary was a boring candidate who believed she was entitled to a win because it was her turn, and by extension, the turn of women everywhere. Perhaps it was, but where was the fire and where was the enthusiasm? It wasn't in the Clinton camp. It was in the Sanders camp. It was in the Trump camp. Hers was the most matter-of-course campaign since Bob Dole in '96, and Dole got thumped. Sanders beat her in Michigan and Wisconsin, but Clinton and her team were oblivious to the implications of those losses. They assumed that disgruntled Democrats there would still come out in sufficient numbers. They didn't.

And what did Hillary represent? More of the same. More banking and Wall Street bigwigs running the government machinery. More bureaucracy. More gridlock, given that Republicans had a near-zero chance of surrendering the House.

Oh, and more scandal. How many investigations would be on-going if Clinton had won the election? E-mails, influence peddling, foreign contributions to the Clinton Foundation, and Benghazi XIII: This Time It's For Real! Probably more. It would be a never-ending cycle, all of it covered in the media that Clinton blames for a part of her own failure.

If anyone needs to STFU, it's Hillary Clinton. Until she does, Democrats will continue to be distracted by the blame game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Sue_G wrote:
Do people actually pay attention to Susan Sarandon? Aren't she and Tim Robbins pretty much regarded as the spacey liberals from California?
Ahem... Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins split up 8 years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually less frustrated by hard-core lefties who thought Clinton was an unacceptable compromise than I am by the self-satisfied liberals whose attacks on Trump were pretty much guaranteed to help him. There was on example that really stood out for me -- the cast of Will and Grace doing a musical number at a Clinton fundraiser. It oozed condescension and smugness and the disdain I normally don't think city elites actually have but maybe they do. It wasn't anti-Trump because he was wrong on key issues but because he was (literally) "the worst" and it was done in a way that made it clear that it was so obvious he was the worst that only idiots would work for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Referring to someone like Dawson who campaigned for Bernie against Hillary in the primary as "helping to elect trump" is flat out anti-democratic bullshit.

As far as Sarandon goes, Sarandon doesn't have to be a Hillary voter to be against a specific Trump policy, heck I welcome Trump voters to be against Trump's policies. Sometimes I get the impression that Trump isn't really behind a lot of "Trump policies."

I don't know why you're so obsessed with re-running this election and creating an "enemies of Hillary" list who are all required to shut up about any opinions they might have forever, but it's weird and lame.

Also that website sucks, autoplay, loud, unstoppable ad. Crappy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
Do people actually pay attention to Susan Sarandon? Aren't she and Tim Robbins pretty much regarded as the spacey liberals from California?
Ahem... Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins split up 8 years ago.

See? I didn't even know that because that's how much I pay attention to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
Referring to someone like Dawson who campaigned for Bernie against Hillary in the primary as "helping to elect trump" is flat out anti-democratic bullshit.

As far as Sarandon goes, Sarandon doesn't have to be a Hillary voter to be against a specific Trump policy, heck I welcome Trump voters to be against Trump's policies. Sometimes I get the impression that Trump isn't really behind a lot of "Trump policies."

I don't know why you're so obsessed with re-running this election and creating an "enemies of Hillary" list who are all required to shut up about any opinions they might have forever, but it's weird and lame.

Also that website sucks, autoplay, loud, unstoppable ad. Crappy.

IT's BET, of course it sucks. Aaron McGruder has done a pretty good summary of that :p

I linked it *not* to rerun the election, but to call out a particularly clueless, privileged movement in progressive circles; Those who, as put in the article, have "already proved that your ideology matters more than our safety".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What I want to know is where you jerks were in that other Hillary thread where I was arguing with Mike about Hillary vs. Bernie's electability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

What I want to know is where you jerks were in that other Hillary thread where I was arguing with Mike about Hillary vs. Bernie's electability.

The rest of us are generally bored with talking about the election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

<3

We didn't set a oombative enough tone early enough, so people had already checked out of the thread ><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.