Hide
8 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: ANR Cycles.... do they every become legal again? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Once pack cycles out of legal play... dose it eve come back in.. or is that it .. unless a legacy style format turns up.

Can I expect competitive types to start selling cycled packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
Once pack cycles out of legal play... dose it eve come back in.. or is that it .. unless a legacy style format turns up.

Once a pack cycles out, it will be gone for good. It's still possible that select cards might make a reappearance, like with Core 2.
If there is a legacy format, it would be unofficial and not supported by FFG. These are my personal opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would personally be very surprised if players who still play the game sell off their old cards -- most will keep them for the memories, for casual games (remember, at home you can do whatever you want with your cards, there is no card game police that stops you from playing with them!), or to make a draft cube.
I expect the drafting option in particular to be very popular.

The next thing is that after the announcement of the Revised Core Set, players who still want to play will not sell most complete data packs from Genesis and Spin, because most of the data packs have at least one card go into the new core.

What's different of course is players selling their entire collection because they're dropping out of Netrunner entirely, but that has always happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
DayinDaLife wrote:

Once a pack cycles out, it will be gone for good. It's still possible that select cards might make a reappearance, like with Core 2.
If there is a legacy format, it would be unofficial and not supported by FFG. These are my personal opinions.

They also said the Core would never rotate. (The announcement said the "Current core" would always be legal, so I suppose if you read closely you could see this as a possibility.)

I suspect those cards will never be legal again, but I am hanging on to mine, for cube drafts or casual play or legacy play or perhaps in Core 3 they will bring back a couple cards or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
FFB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
I would personally be very surprised if players who still play the game sell off their old cards ...
I already saw someone who is selling off their genesis and spin cycle cards on the German ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Ban wrote:
Gswp wrote:
I would personally be very surprised if players who still play the game sell off their old cards ...
I already saw someone who is selling off their genesis and spin cycle cards on the German ebay.
What, including those that go into the core?
Well, I guess you can, and then just buy the new core, but that seems wasteful -- I doubt you'll get as much for Spin/Genesis as 3 new cores cost, because people who are new will for the most part want to buy the new cores, and most people who have been in the game own Spin and Genesis.

Anyway, I didn't mean nobody would sell their Genesis/ Spin cards, just that I don't expect masses of people to do so.

(I most certainly won't!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
that seems wasteful -- I doubt you'll get as much for Spin/Genesis as 3 new cores cost

Yeah, that seller didn't think things through. If you have both the first two cycles and three[1] old cores you basically have the revised core's contents. Just missing the alternate art on a few cards.

[1]Some 3x and 2x cards became 2x and 1x.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:

They also said the Core would never rotate. (The announcement said the "Current core" would always be legal, so I suppose if you read closely you could see this as a possibility.)

No, what they said was this is the rotation schedule for expansions packs. Evergreen products would not be part of the rotation cycle, and Evergreen products was defined as the current core and deluxe expansions.

This was specifically so they would have the ability to replace a core or deluxe expansion if it was something that made sense for a specific game. The wording was intentional and every time someone asked us about evergreen products or about rotation I and the other designers were very specific in our wording. We knew that some people read "current" as "the core set and deluxe expansions, but that doesn't really explain why to include the word current at all then, the sentence as they interpreted makes more sense without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.