Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
subject line says it all. so the new version is in the final days of its kickstarter, and we have no idea what it looks like. not a single pic.

would love to upgrade my old 1e edition of Wok Star, but...kind of need to see what the upgrade will look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminHester wrote:
so the new version is in the final days of its kickstarter, and we have no idea what it looks like

I searched for a Wok Star KS project and didn't see anything current. Who is publishing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for the "Now Boarding" kickstarter. It's part of that.

I'd link to it, but... well... y'know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
BenjaminHester wrote:
so the new version is in the final days of its kickstarter, and we have no idea what it looks like

I searched for a Wok Star KS project and didn't see anything current. Who is publishing it?

Fowers Games is publishing it. It available as part of the Now Boarding Kickstarter campaign (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fowers/now-boarding). You can get it in a bundle with Now Boarding or just on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for pointing my attention to this, I would not have known about it otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
We're still balancing some elements, but the major changes:
new preparation cards, each with two upgrades
hustle tokens that let you alter dice
grocery run tokens that all players reroll/reuse dice
upgrade tokens to improve(and charge more) for existing recipes
5 copies of each customer

we are re-working the events and player powers around these changes.
The customers, recipes, board, dice are the same as the first/second editions. So a upgrade would need new upgrades, events/powers, tokens and a few more customers. Also a dirty dish tray to collect the used dice.

Overall it's a bit heavier with more paths to victory, and timed rounds are more intense as you have to use your dice multiple times each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
We're still balancing some elements, but the major changes:
new preparation cards, each with two upgrades
hustle tokens that let you alter dice
grocery run tokens that all players reroll/reuse dice
upgrade tokens to improve(and charge more) for existing recipes
5 copies of each customer

we are re-working the events and player powers around these changes.
The customers, recipes, board, dice are the same as the first/second editions. So a upgrade would need new upgrades, events/powers, tokens and a few more customers. Also a dirty dish tray to collect the used dice.

Overall it's a bit heavier with more paths to victory, and timed rounds are more intense as you have to use your dice multiple times each round.

well, I'll take a leap of faith on the component quality and my normal desire for pics, because this sounds awesome. backing it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
any hope of seeing those 3d ingredient counters that were a part of the other kickstarter campaign? I have the old white wooden discs with no 3d element, and that is the one component I was hoping to upgrade the most.

timer app sounds awesome, love that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminHester wrote:
any hope of seeing those 3d ingredient counters that were a part of the other kickstarter campaign? I have the old white wooden discs with no 3d element, and that is the one component I was hoping to upgrade the most.

What 3d ingredient counters? Were there any made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fargy wrote:
BenjaminHester wrote:

What 3d ingredient counters? Were there any made?

As I remember that campaign, the 3D wood tokens were "too hard" to make or some other such excuse. GameSalute gave several reasons why they couldn't make them, though I suspect much more had to do with them not wanting to spend the money than the tokens being too likely to break. I've had several games with oddly shaped wooden tokens that are quite sturdy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:

So a upgrade would need new upgrades, events/powers, tokens and a few more customers. Also a dirty dish tray to collect the used dice.

Is it prohibitively complex to have an upgrade kit for those of us with previous editions? The components you mention sound like they could go into a largish heavy duty baggie, which would save me from having to re-purchase a lot of duplicate components.

Thanks and great job on Now Boarding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas H.
Germany
Schrobenhausen
flag msg tools
I´ve found some fresh news on Tim´s Blog ninja

Print and play release (for playtesting feedback):
https://www.fowers.games/blogs/news/wok-star-print-and-play-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.