Popular Tags: [View All]
Bianca Summers
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Does anyone know the highest rated games? The rating that is in a hexagon at the top of the games page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svi-tjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TerroriXico
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
According to my search it's Field of Fire

Never heard of it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Click on the "Browse" tab at the top of the page, then click "Games." That will bring up the list of games ordered by Geek rating. If you want them ordered by the Average rating, click on the "Average" tab. That won't tell you much, though, because games with a single rating of 10 will be at the top of the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bianca Summers
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dang. I am a little disappointed. I didn't realized that any game with only a couple ratings on there could have a high rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svi-tjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what the Geek rating is for. BGG uses geek rating whenever games are compared in lists by default. The geek rating is dependent of how many ratings there are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bsiler0825 wrote:
Dang. I am a little disappointed. I didn't realized that any game with only a couple ratings on there could have a high rating.

If you want somewhat meaningful info from the average rating, use the Adv. Search button (highlighted in yellow next to the search bar). You can select the mechanisms, categories or subdomains you're interested in if you wish.

However, most importantly, in the Average User Rating Range line, add values between 6 and 9 and then to the with at least ..... user ratings box at least 50 if you want some new games included, 100 is what I get the most out of.

Hope the results give you what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bsiler0825 wrote:

But such games will not have Ranking until there are at least 30 Ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also find about a dozen other lists of statistical curiosity and interest if you use menu picks at the top of this page:

Misc > Stats > Top 10s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Bsiler0825 wrote:

If you want somewhat meaningful info from the average rating, use the Adv. Search button (highlighted in yellow next to the search bar). You can select the mechanisms, categories or subdomains you're interested in if you wish.

However, most importantly, in the Average User Rating Range line, add values between 6 and 9 and then to the with at least ..... user ratings box at least 50 if you want some new games included, 100 is what I get the most out of.

Hope the results give you what you are looking for.
If you're looking for games which have high ratings from only their Kickstarter backers, this works great.

Pete (tried the same thing and noticed what came up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
If you're looking for games which have high ratings from only their Kickstarter backers, this works great.

Pete (supposes that was inevitable)

I guess some games from KS might have that problem. However, Gloomhaven made it deservedly to a TOP10 ranked game just from KS backers alone and the 7th continent is similarly climbing up with the #146 spot atm.

If something catches your eye, you should start reading comments and reviews to make sure the game is something you're interested in and that the average rating is justified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
On an unrelated note, you'd better get your dogs out of the sun. I think they're melting. (Super-cute avatar picture, by the way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.