Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Stoppiello
United States
Port Jefferson Station
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or does 16 souls to start with seem a bit excessive? Maybe I just got lucky with my item pulls. I picked up a Halberd and was able to upgrade far enough to use it, then shortly after, picked up the Exile Armor from a chest that I was able to upgrade into wearing one more encounter later.

At this point, I realize I'm basically a walking brick and am going to eat shit against magic users since I can't dodge, but that's why I'm working on a backup weapon set for a little bit of magic defense I can swap into.

Did I just get lucky, or should I consider starting with eight souls instead for a solo run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get lucky at all last time I tried and gave up before even entering the first tile.

I don't think it's too much. I just think it's too random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stoppiello
United States
Port Jefferson Station
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. That is unfortunate. I guess I just got EXCEPTIONALLY lucky, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
16 souls is generally enough to get some useful equipment; with only 8, even if you score one of the good early game weapons you can't use it, and you have to struggle against a level 1 encounter with your terrible starting gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wicki
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Robyrt wrote:
16 souls is generally enough to get some useful equipment; with only 8, even if you score one of the good early game weapons you can't use it, and you have to struggle against a level 1 encounter with your terrible starting gear.

And some of the lvl 1 encounters are really hard. You need some really good luck rolls against silver knights with starting gear for example.

I recently started a campaign play through with assassin and knight where the 1st and only encounter was silver knight, hollow soldier and hollow crossbowman. Luckily due to the room layout my herald could kill the crossbowman, tank the damage and let the assassin "crit" the silver knight.

It all depends on how it gets together. I have just found out I am very unlucky with my dice throws, regularly throwing 3 blank blacks or 3 blank greens.

I think the starting 16 souls is about right, but makes 2 player games pretty hard as you don't get any bonuses at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.