Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've submitted a new game to BGG quite a while ago. It still shows as pending. How many weeks does it take for a new game to be accepted? Also, I noticed, new games are not part of Geek Mod. Why not? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
I've submitted a new game to BGG quite a while ago. It still shows as pending. How many weeks does it take for a new game to be accepted?

It varies, and depends on whether the submission was missing info or sufficiently clear and complete. Taking many weeks seems to be frequent.

Quote:
Also, I noticed, new games are not part of Geek Mod. Why not? Thanks!

Because admins, not users, deal with game submissions. Presumably since game submissions are a bigger more important/core thing than photos etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
I've submitted a new game to BGG quite a while ago. It still shows as pending. How many weeks does it take for a new game to be accepted? Also, I noticed, new games are not part of Geek Mod. Why not? Thanks!

What game was it? I can take a look and try to see what's going on with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jason. I submitted "Drive for Saint-Lô" a while ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You submitted it less than two weeks ago, which isn't long in new game submissions (during quieter times of the year, sometimes two weeks is enough, but once we hit GenCon, Essen, and BGG.Con, things generally get busier with new releases). It looks like a couple of days after you submitted it, you added an admin note with the same link, which shifts the date of it in the queue. It's great to polish a submission and add any missing info so that it's likely to be approved on the first review, but it doesn't help to submit a second copy of a note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking it out. It is my first time to submit a game and I understand that a queue may form, and I'm not in a hurry. I could also recommend some good books about basic usability techniques, like adding descriptive texts or labels to fields so users can foretell their behaviour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're not the programmers, we just approve 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar problem that when I went to look at my pending item, the note was missing so I added it and tada missing again so I added it again. All the while bumping my item further to the back of the queue. It is not clear that the note is still there, you just can't see it. Sucks if you can't remember what you have already said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.