Subject: Missiles timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciek Obszanski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one is correct:

1) You have to use it before start combat when calculating starting military strenght ( at the same time when you count your fleets, star bases, dreadnought etc), so you can decide about retreating after you know real power of missiles.

2) You may use it before start combat when calculating starting military strenght ( at the same time when you count your fleets, star bases, dreadnought etc), so you can decide about retreating after you know real power of missiles.

3) You can use missiles in any moment of combat when firepower is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, I'd say:

4) You must not play Missiles before starting the actual combat, but only after the possibility of free retreat.

The rules say that the initial Combat Strength is *only* determined by (highlights by me):

Quote:
Each Fleet has a Combat Strength of three
Each Star Base has a Combat Strength of five
Any cards that modify Combat Strengths (which are Space Mines, Dreadnoughts and Super Dreadnoughts). [i.e. the passive/permanent reserve cards]

This is similar to how the Star Bombs hit-and-run tactic is described: you cannot play Star Bomb before the retreat step; instead, even if you plan to lose the fight, you have to enter the "real" combat phase first, play the Star Bomb then, and take normal loser's casualties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek Obszanski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So timing is like Rapid Reaction Forces ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palmerex wrote:
So timing is like Rapid Reaction Forces ?

IMHO yes. But I see, there is a difference: Missiles is a "Reserve" card while Rapid-Reaction Force is labeled "Combat". I'd still argue that Missiles is not passive, but an active in-combat action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.