Subject: Hand Offs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Loving the game so far - just wanted to clarify hand offs. Can you hand off more than once per play? Do you have to hand off sideways and behind or can you hand off to a player in front??

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Fisher's back!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes (and in any position on the field); in any direction (except maybe with Pitch; I don't remember off-hand).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
you can Pitch the ball forward but only if you haven't crossed the line of scrimmage. For timekeeping purposes forward pitches are considered passes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In one of the gameplay videos I watched, two players of the same team were running toward their opponent's goal. The first player was about two spaces in front of the second player. The 2nd player was the ball carrier.

On the next action, the first player actually ran backward to take a handoff from the 2nd player (i.e., a forward handoff), then continued forward again (toward the opponent's goal) to complete the movement.

Not sure I've ever seen a hand-off like that in real life (other than midget league), but it's legal per the rules, so there you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Ok cool. Thanks chaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.