Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves Michel
Belgium
Hoeilaart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(10.)
"Minor Kingdoms are activated by play of an Event card."
(10.3.2) Canaan is activated when the Canaan Event card is played. When activated, place the following units in each of the four Canaanite cities that are not controlled by another power or have a BarBarian Control marker:
• Four Infantry units
• One Chariot unit

This means that the only way to activate a minor kingdom is playing a card.
So, if a player just attacks one city of a minor kingdom, there would be no activation. In other words, it's as easy to attack a "grey" city as a "colored" city (from a minor Kingdom).

This seems strange to me. A minor kingdom wouldn't have a reaction capacity without a card activation. I suppose my interpretation is correct and the moment the card is played might just represent a "momentum of power" of the minor kingdom.

Am I missing something ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to look at it as the city states that will become the minor kingdom not having "congealed" yet from a state of trade alliances or overlapping royal families that they are willing to take up arms against aggression against a sister city. Once the card has been played, the dynasties have united or politics have strengthened the ties or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Michel
Belgium
Hoeilaart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess that it should be something like that.
Furthermore, once a player controls a "coloured"city, the units of a minor kingdom cannot deploy there anymore and those units would be lost as long as
the city would remain occupied. Seems logical no ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems pertinent to an issue I was going to bring up when I played a 3 player game yesterday. Egypt seems to be behind the Canaan firewall. If you can't attack a Minor, then you can't get to Egypt. Is this true? OR can you attack the Minors before they are activiated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.