Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be available, and if so from who?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tarnow
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please refer to the thread on release date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
notus2 wrote:
Please refer to the thread on release date

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1837611/release-date

The game designer commented in the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone doesn't want to fish through the other general Gaia Project thread (where English copies of the game were discussed, although they weren't the focus of the original topic), Feuerland will be selling a very limited number of English copies Thursday AM at their English sales booth (7-E110), and they expect the copies to go very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the game is language independent and I suspect an English rulebook will be available online, so it makes little difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, seems fairly likely that their publishing partner (Asmodee) would have some copies as well, though haven't seen that confirmed. But last year was similar - Feuerland had a few english copies of Feast for Odin, and Asmodee was selling them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aganerral wrote:
Also, seems fairly likely that their publishing partner (Asmodee) would have some copies as well, though haven't seen that confirmed. But last year was similar - Feuerland had a few english copies of Feast for Odin, and Asmodee was selling them as well.

This is what I am hoping for. I got FFO last year from Asmodee.

Also thanks to Sergio for the information

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is language independent, compared to the 60 EUR Feuerland asks for the german version, I think the english version will cost ~17 EUR more (based on online preorder prices).

So if you want to save some money, I suggest you pre-order the german version. But of course if you can grab one of the rare English copies at the same 60 EUR price and not the Asmodee-inflated price, it would be quite a bargain. The same thing happened last year with Feast for Odin. Seems to be one of the rare cases where buying a copy at Essen saves you over retail later on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
The game is language independent, compared to the 60 EUR Feuerland asks for the german version, I think the english version will cost ~17 EUR more (based on online preorder prices).

So if you want to save some money, I suggest you pre-order the german version. But of course if you can grab one of the rare English copies at the same 60 EUR price and not the Asmodee-inflated price, it would be quite a bargain. The same thing happened last year with Feast for Odin. Seems to be one of the rare cases where buying a copy at Essen saves you over retail later on

Really tempted to do that. Would feel better about it if an english rulebook was already posted online somewhere, though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
johncraven wrote:

So if you want to save some money, I suggest you pre-order the german version. But of course if you can grab one of the rare English copies at the same 60 EUR price

Feuerland will sell their few English copies for 70 EUR at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
johncraven wrote:

So if you want to save some money, I suggest you pre-order the german version. But of course if you can grab one of the rare English copies at the same 60 EUR price

thanks for the clarification, I believe last year the english version of A Feast for Odin was the same as the german (60 eur), so it is different this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
johncraven wrote:

Do you know if Asmodee will also have copies and will they also be €70?

I'm guessing that a fair number of people will be disappointed when the english copies inevitably sell out at Feuerland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harrenhal
Israel
flag msg tools
do you know where i can order gaia english version?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Nitovuori
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone here who picked up the English version at Essen? I bought the German version, and would really appreciate scans of the racial player aid cards (not sure if the automata cards also contained some text?), since they're language dependant and me & wife aren't that good at german

I can live with referencing the english rules for the racial abilities but it would be great to have the actual cards in english. I usually print the translated version and insert it to a sleeve over the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards with text on it are referring to the Automa solo mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Nitovuori
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the quick answer Helge!

Will you be publishing the Automa solo rules in English at some point? I hope the scans of the Automa cards would be available in English too, I think I may have to revert to solo mode now and then if my wife isn't always on the mood for space-themed game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nix77 wrote:

Will you be publishing the Automa solo rules in English at some point?

I asked the publisher, I don't have the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghostfire wu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nix77 wrote:
Ok, thanks for the quick answer Helge!

Will you be publishing the Automa solo rules in English at some point? I hope the scans of the Automa cards would be available in English too, I think I may have to revert to solo mode now and then if my wife isn't always on the mood for space-themed game

I use German version rulebook's text into Google translation, maybe it works:

Terraner
Tie 3a:
Transdim-Planet

Geoden
Skill:
With MINE BUILD on a new planet type, the automa gets an additional 2 victory points.

Hadsch Halla
If UPGRADING is not possible: BUILD MINE with range 3.
Skill:
When upgrading to a trading station, the automa receives an additional 3 victory points.

Xenos
Skill:
A normal POWER / Q.I.C ACTION (not peoples action) will be executed twice (with the same support card).

Itar
The automa uses the same support card for both POWER / Q.I.C ACTIONS.

Taklons
Tie 3a:
Planets closest to one of your planets.

Firaks
UPGRADE WITH THIS CHANGE: Downgrade one research lab to one
trading station has priority to the normal UPGRADE.
Skill:
When upgrading to a research lab additionally random ADVANCE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.