Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
TLDR: Created my own versions of the side-boards as well as the charts and reference sheets to take up less space.

More details here: Bombs Away Dream Babies

My reduced and revised versions of the cards. The Formation Card has been improved since this photo for more room for Interceptors

Reduced and reorganized charts and reference cards.

FILES
Formation & Squadron Cards: Revised Formation and Squadron Cards by Ones Upon a Game
Charts & Tables: Reduced Charts and Tables by Ones Upon a Game

There will also be patterns (soon) for this box to sort and organize 1" counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Very nice work! Thank you very much for the time and effort. Maybe one of these days I will set this game up again. But not being able to name your bombers and track their exploits over the course of the game makes the whole thing kind of pointless for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony M wrote:
Very nice work! Thank you very much for the time and effort. Maybe one of these days I will set this game up again. But not being able to name your bombers and track their exploits over the course of the game makes the whole thing kind of pointless for me.

Who says you cannot name them? Or track them? There are sheets on the LNL site for that very purpose. You cannot name specific crew but that's a plus from other games at too micro a level. And here you control more than one bomber, the whole formation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando CEAN BERMUDEZ
Spain
GIJON
ASTURIAS
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great work. I don't know what happen today with the game designer about very big boards and game elements. People like me have a simple table near my PC to play de games.

Thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think what's happening is that now with an aging gaming population publishers are being told by customers they want larger text fonts, larger graphics and larger counters.

All that increase in size of smaller component necessarily requires larger sized sheets of paper.

Doing the math we can see that years ago when all wargame counters were 1/2 inch a sheet of standard letter paper could accommodate a record track of roughly 20 spaces (given the side margins), now with the larger counter sizes it is half that.

The Wing and Prayer rulebook looks like it's 12pt font size, that is considered huge in the printing industry but I think LnL had to do it because it's customers demanded it.
I estimate a standard 10pt font would result in the rulebook probably being roughly eight - ten pages shorter, and the charts to fit on letter sized paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't get games that are primarily 1/2" counters but because they are just too small physically, not text related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.