11 Posts

Assault on Doomrock» Forums » General

Subject: Just picked up the 1st edition and need your friendly advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Bob McJimmerson
msg tools
Hi all,

It was impossible to get 2nd edition copy and so I was wondering if I need to change the text on some cards in case of balancing issues? I presume some things changed from both editions?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was mostly typos. 'Loose' was used in a lot of places instead of 'lose'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Bob McJimmerson
msg tools
Thanks for the reply.

Ah ok, so no adjustments to power, abilities, etc?

Can't wait to play this!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there were definitely a few balancing changes, too, notably on the "Zombie Horde", one of the Level I encounters. They're still pretty tough in the 2nd edition, but apparently they are more or less impossible in the 1st.
If you find them too hard, just try the other two Level I encounters first.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a full list of changes or anything.

It is rumored that at some point there will be another Kickstarter, which would likely allow you to pick up an upgrade pack of changed cards.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
As said above, there are language mistakes, which is a consequence of the game being made by only one person (more or less; the art is from someone else), and he is not a native English speaker. (Probably there are non-native speakers who make fewer mistakes, but also native speakers who make just as many. So there.)
But these typos do not at all detract from the fun you'll have with the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Bob McJimmerson
msg tools
I don't mind language mistakes especially when it was a one-man job. I do wish I could get my hands on the power changes as I don't think there will be a kickstarter anytime soon but I guess i'll play it first and see how it
goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't matter much... you're going to die anyways zombie

there was a change on one of the ability cards and one of the sinister whatervers ai deck. I'll get back to you, I've been meaning to pull this out again sometime soon anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Bob McJimmerson
msg tools
Thanks John, much appreciated!! Happy that i've given you a reason to get it back out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: Errata post is now here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have some spare upgrade cards (in Australia though) and bits - we got sent extra in our large group order.

Drop me a PM if you might be interested. Happy to send them on for the cost of shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Bob McJimmerson
msg tools
Wow, that's some list. Thanks for doing this, I didn't think there would be so many

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kryptom wrote:
Wow, that's some list. Thanks for doing this, I didn't think there would be so many

Me neither

Many are just reworded. I might go back in and highlight the cards that have actual changes, from cards with just phrasing and typo corrections.

The trait deck has some changes too where they took words out and replaced them with dice images. Luckily the dice emojies will cover this nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.