Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gmtwebsiteassets/fof2/FOF...

The living Rules and other links have not been updated even on the same page.

@Ricky/Preacher could this please be tidied up by the GMT web master or equivalent.

We have Final Rules , Second Edition 2.1 and FOFRules2017 + errata &
clarifications(AUG2009)

Which is the current rules we should follow? are the 2017 just work in progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should follow the 2017 rules with the errata posted both here at BGG and at CSW.

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website guy made some changes at the FoF page at GMT's site. Brought the info much more in line with the current edition. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
The website guy made some changes at the FoF page at GMT's site. Brought the info much more in line with the current edition. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,
Ricky

Thanks

The living rules section still has the 2011 link.

The game page has lost all the component links , the link to Chris's video tutorial is missing although mentioned and links to other resources has gone. I am sure he kept a backup so it can probably be rescued.

Personally apart from old rules and old FAQ/errata I would have kept the other links to game material under a heading of 1st Edition Online Resources.

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-322-fields-of-fire-2nd-edition.as...

The 2nd vol looks a lot cleaner and has Chris's video link.
https://www.gmtgames.com/p-432-fields-of-fire-vol-ii-with-th...

Sounds like a checklist for new version releases/updates would be useful.
Input from Designer / Developer then check :-All old versions, living rules , multi-lingual (PDF,mobile...etc), hyper links, CSW, BGG. Finally developer sign off whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The living rules section still has the 2011 link.

Hm. I'm looking at it right now. It links to the 2017 rules and the errata from 9/13/17

Quote:
Personally apart from old rules and old FAQ/errata I would have kept the other links to game material under a heading of 1st Edition Online Resources.

That was my decision. It was out of date.

Quote:
The game page has lost all the component links , the link to Chris's video tutorial is missing although mentioned and links to other resources has gone. I am sure he kept a backup so it can probably be rescued.

Looking at it right now and linked straight to Chris's videos. Not sure why it isn't there for you.

[And now 2 minutes later the link is gone for me, too. Weird. We'll get that fixed]

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this link and see what happens:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-322-fields-of-fire-2nd-edition.asp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:

Spot on thanks Ricky , looking good. Still proof reading FoF after a decade, old habits devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, trying to get lucky here. Ricky, please, could you tell us which are the 2nd edition changes to the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
Ok, trying to get lucky here. Ricky, please, could you tell us which are the 2nd edition changes to the cards?

Must be very minor as not mentioned in errata.

It may be an idea to list in the latest living rules (2017) any changes not in these rules for those who have 1st Edition and do not purchase update kit and mark any of those changes that are not incorporated into the update kit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.