Hide
4 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Ritual of Annihilation Marker/Track? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MushroomHunter
msg tools
Just got the base game and in the rule book where it lists the components it says there should be one ritual of annihilation marker -- my game came with 4. On top of that, it also seems like they're large enough that they don't really fit on the annihilation track; they're large triangles and the track has small circles. I assume you're just supposed to put the marker on the last ritual that was performed, but seems so large for the space. Can someone confirm the # of markers and how they're used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think there are some spares - although you may have version 2 so I'm not 100% sure, but my v1 certainly came with several.

We always just pointed one of the triangle's apexes to the current ritual value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just let the point of the triangle point to the current level.

I think the duplicates are simply a result of wanting as few different cardboard cutting die configurations as possible (since that is a cost). Kind of how one sheet in Terraforming Mars has a useless Mars-like circle at the spot where another has the 1st player marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:

I think the duplicates are simply a result of wanting as few different cardboard cutting die configurations as possible (since that is a cost). Kind of how one sheet in Terraforming Mars has a useless Mars-like circle at the spot where another has the 1st player marker.

That's exactly the reason: same holes/forms on each of the 4 big sheets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.