Popular Tags: [View All]
JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Hey !!

I missed the darn Kickstarter and i cant find Spirit Island anywhere... besides the big price from resellers! Any hints on where to find it online for a raisonable price??

Tanx in advance!!!

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is another kickstarter launch waiting to happen in 2017, so I'd advise you to wait and whatever you do, do NOT feed the scalpers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought there was a regular reprint planned, to be in retail stores towards the of the year. Or did I understand that wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirit Island sold out to distributors about 3 weeks after it hit - so there aren't many copies around. There is a reprint in the works. There is no Kickstarter associated with it. Best guess at the moment is more copies will be available around December. MSRP is $80 US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reprint has been ordered already, so just be patient. It'll return to stores around the holidays. The expansion is also being reprinted and I believe the promo spirits will also be getting a reprint. The first run wasn't huge but the game got a lot of traction, so everything sold out extremely fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
I think there is another kickstarter launch waiting to happen in 2017, so I'd advise you to wait and whatever you do, do NOT feed the scalpers.
Yeah, not another Kickstarter, just a regular reprint, coming in December barring disasters.

(There may be a Kickstarter for a future expansion sometime in 2018, but that's a separate thing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/PR_Spirit_Island_Board_Ga...

Sorry, shipping will probably kill it for you but mainly putting this here for the EU folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As other folks have said, a core-game reprint has already been put in and should arrive around December. The expansion + promos are also being reprinted, likely arriving around February.

>G recently told me that a large chunk of the core-game reprint has been pre-ordered by distributors, so it's already heading towards being sold out at the distributor level. It should persist in stores longer than the first printing did - it's slightly more copies, and doesn't have a bunch of copies pre-allocated to KS backers. But if your preferred store offers a "notify me when this is available" function, setting that up might not be a bad idea just in case.

While it's too late to increase the size of the second printing (which bodes well for it being available by December!), >G will initiate a third printing if it looks like one's needed. They don't want Spirit Island to be unavailable, either! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Wow tanx everybody for the quick info!! I will check for online stock and keep an eye out for the reprint!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Will it be available at PAX Unplugged in November?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
They said they were completely sold out. They also said the reprint won't be out until December. You do the math.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
catwhowalksbyhimself wrote:
Ethereality wrote:
They said they were completely sold out. They also said the reprint won't be out until December. You do the math.

The supply chain is publisher->distributor->retailer->consumer, where it gets to retailers in December. The convention sale supply chain is publisher->consumer, skipping 2 entire steps. It can easily be available at a convention in November if it's getting to retailers in December. You should be the one doing the math.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
It can easily be available at a convention in November if it's getting to retailers in December. You should be the one doing the math.

I think that you're making an assumption here that the reprint is getting to retailers in December, and I'm not entirely sure it's a good one. Everything I've seen so far has simply said that the print run will "arrive" in December with no indication of who it is arriving to. However, since GtG sells games directly from their store, it seems reasonable to me that they'd be benchmarking by arrival at the publisher level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TracyB wrote:
https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/PR_Spirit_Island_Board_Ga...

Sorry, shipping will probably kill it for you but mainly putting this here for the EU folks.

Just ordered it last night, but worried that it is in fact out of stock and they forgot to update the website!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible but I saw it come in on the 'Restocks' page so they have had more stock since it sold out the first time.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found a copy sitting at my FLGS. Maybe searching for it AFK would get results?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Reis
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
My FLGS also has copies in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:

The supply chain is publisher->distributor->retailer->consumer, where it gets to retailers in December. The convention sale supply chain is publisher->consumer, skipping 2 entire steps. It can easily be available at a convention in November if it's getting to retailers in December. You should be the one doing the math.

The supply chain here is irrelevant. GtG never said it would be going to stores in December, but that THEY would be getting it by December. They can't sell in November what they won't have until December, so my original reply remains correct. They are out and won't be getting the new copies back in stock until December, so that means no copies will be available anywhere, including conventions, until then. They may have a few promo packs left though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
Although... does PAX have a retailer presence? If so, they might have some copies for sale. Seems like it would be a slim hope though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Barrage Podcast
mbmbmb
Had luck at a local game store too, and they've still got a couple more: NextGen Games, Los Angeles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Tory
United States
California
flag msg tools
This game is available right now on Amazon. Check out this thread I created: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27193603#27193603

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
mastavic wrote:
This game is available right now on Amazon. Check out this thread I created: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27193603#27193603
Well, maybe it was.. but now shows out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaylo Naivaklam
msg tools
mb
runtsta wrote:
mastavic wrote:

I suspect a little bit of post-con stock may have been made available or something. I noticed the Amazon availability (and GtG site availability) with very limited stock (like 3-8ish) when I got a shipping notice that my "we don't know when this will be available again" Amazon order had suddenly shipped.

I just wish I could track down the promo spirits now! February-ish is so far away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Prime
United States
California
flag msg tools
runtsta wrote:
mastavic wrote:

In stock on Amazon again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andi sea
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email that it's back in stock on www.boardgamebliss.com. They only have 10 copies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.