Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was searching for some info here, but it seems nobody posted anything about this, yet.
Uplay.it announced a new, limited (1500 numbered copies), restyled, luxury edition of Principi di Firenze.
https://www.uplay.it/gioco-da-tavolo-Principi-di-Firenze---E...
Note: this edition seems to be only in italian. That's why they (uplay) didn't include a full description on the english version of that page, I suppose.
Anyway, it seems a HUGE improvement, stylishly speaking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
RickNash wrote:

Are you just commenting on the new art for the artists, or is there something I'm missing on the page? The actual game images I'm seeing are just the BGG gallery.

For the record: Princes is one of my favourite games, I would definitely be willing to pony up some money for a deluxe edition, and having it be in Italian would not be a downside for me; it just seems like there isn't much in the way of actual information on the page you linked to yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
RickNash wrote:

Are you just commenting on the new art for the artists, or is there something I'm missing on the page? The actual game images I'm seeing are just the BGG gallery.

For the record: Princes is one of my favourite games, I would definitely be willing to pony up some money for a deluxe edition, and having it be in Italian would not be a downside for me; it just seems like there isn't much in the way of actual information on the page you linked to yet.

The "actual game images" are not related to the new edition. As you say, it's just the "old" BGG gallery. I'm commenting the new art but the description seems to suggest much more than that:
"Questa nuova edizione internazionale presenta una veste grafica rinnovata, una migliore identificazione con Firenze, con illustrazioni ispirate alla città e i nomi degli artisti e degli edifici nelle schede da gioco in italiano."
->
"This new international edition features a renewed graphic design, a better identification with Florence, with illustrations inspired by the city and artist/building names written in italian on the player boards (?)."

I can't find anything more detailed. That's why I came here today, BTW cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough!

I am definitely interested in an integration with the Italian theme; just seeing Brunelleschi’s dome on the cover has whetted my appetite, but I would like to see a bit more before committing to a purchase.

Hopefully more information comes out soon though, I would love to the rest of the graphic design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Italian description, this edition will have:

- high quality components
- linen-finished cards
- 58 metal coins in 3 custom models
- cloth bag for the coins
- velvet-like insert

Artwork by Mirco Paganessi looks very nice:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre VIAU
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any more info on this ?

Release date of course, but also more photos of the actual components (not paying 80 euros on just a description...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peyo61 wrote:
Is there any more info on this ?

Release date of course, but also more photos of the actual components (not paying 80 euros on just a description...).

I found pictures on

https://www.goblins.net/phpBB3/principi-di-firenze-deluxe-in...

In November they said it would be ready in a month. I went ahead an preordered. Free shipping is only in Italy, but you can get 5% off instead of their bonus points. Came out to €94.15 to Norway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the latest:

As we have said at other times in this thread, there have been problems and delays in production totally independent of us. We got angry, we solicited with every means and did everything possible not to disappoint those who had preordained the game. Evidently it went wrong, we are very sorry, but we had our hands tied.

Now we can finally say with absolute certainty that they have left and, save shipwreck, will arrive at the end of February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the old edition the minimum number of players was 3. Now in this new edition the minimum number of players is 2. Have anything changed in the regulation? Have they inserted any variant? How does it work in two players? Does it remain valid according to you? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy shipped today! surprisekiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aslaksen wrote:
Arrived today!

Here, too. Unfortunately it appears there's a missing Forest tile in this edition shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Passacantando
Italy
Tolentino
Macerata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I confirm there are only 5 forest tiles. Does anybody have an idea on the correct way to put the components into the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Messina
Italy
Cascina
(PI)
flag msg tools
publisher
uplay.it edizioni
badge
www.uplay.it
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody should now have received the missing forest tile and the rest of the production has been fixed. So no more problems from now on.

About the way to store the pieces, we are going to upload a video to show the correct way to put the components back into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.