Evil Dead 2: The Official Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: What will be available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Johnston
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I didn't hear about this game until the other day, but I would like to buy all of the add-ons. Is there any official word about what will be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Nym
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The basic game is going to be there, obviously, and the Deluxe might be something you can track down. Not sure how many of those beyond the KS orders are being made. The special Combat Ash mini itself is already out there in nature, if you look.

As for expansions, nothing currently but if the game does well after launch, I wouldn't be surprised if the expansions themselves are made available down the line. There was mention of it, as well as potential future expansions too [the Martians were bandied about].

So in short: at launch, nothing, but I assume most will be available eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you just send them a message? There's nothing saying that you can't place a (late) pre-order by asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Johnston
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I did, but I didn't hear anything for a few days so I made a post here to see if anyone else had any information that they could share. Here's what I was told:

"Unfortunately the expansions won't be available for a little while. There are plans to make them available a while after the game has been released. If we have any copies of the expansions left over after backer fulfillment we will put them up on our website merchgoat.com."

And when I asked if I could just "late pledge":

"Not at the moment unfortunately. We are spending all our energy getting our first wave out! If all goes well we will certainly be making all the expansions available. How we do it is something we are still discussing so stay tuned!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wouldn't give them my money if I were you. They have failed to deliver 3 separate times now, and the new delivery date is March 2018, 2 years after original promise date. Joke of a kickstarter regardless if they eventually get this game out and it's decent.

Hard Pass!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
I wouldn't give them my money if I were you. They have failed to deliver 3 separate times now, and the new delivery date is March 2018, 2 years after original promise date. Joke of a kickstarter regardless if they eventually get this game out and it's decent.

Hard Pass!!

Well the original delivery date was April 2018, I don't know what you got that they're two years late from...
Miniature heavy kickstarters are always late (in my experience). Even CMON deliver their games late nowadays, and they're kickstarter experts. So I wouldn't worry too much about the delays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
mattyd777 wrote:

Hard Pass!!

Well the original delivery date was April 2018, I don't know what you got that they're two years late from...
Miniature heavy kickstarters are always late (in my experience). Even CMON deliver their games late nowadays, and they're kickstarter experts. So I wouldn't worry too much about the delays.

The original delivery date was November 2016:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/evil-dead-2-t...

However, early backers (myself being one of them) knew they wouldn't make it by then so there wasn't much of a surprise they announced it was going to be pushed back, but they have pushed it back several times since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry, I just looked at my pledge level, and that was for April. It's still not two years late though.
I thought it was kind of obvious that this campaign was going to be delayed. They added so many expansions and addons during the campaign that it was inevitable. They're also handling an ip which is always a source of grief for the creator.
Lastly this is the first time that they are producing minis (to my knowledge). And if you have backed kickstarters then you know that minis inevitably will delay delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's nice to know excuses are in place for them. Sorry, excuses are for people who accept failure. There are plenty of Kickstarters that are aware of things and can and are on time, or close to it. Having 3 delays and not even having permission for the IP fully is about as disorganized as one can get. With that said, many are questioning the strength of the gameplay itself to boot.

This is just my opinion, for what it's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard that any company that has licenced an ip has had the right to do what ever they please with it. They always have to run everything through the licence holder. Hell, Sam Raimi isn't even allowed to reference Army of Darkness in Ash vs Evil dead. This is nothing new, it's just how the industry works.
Regarding gameplay, I think this will be a simple game more like zombicide. Fast play, easy rules and (hopefully) a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Nym
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
It's nice to know excuses are in place for them. Sorry, excuses are for people who accept failure. There are plenty of Kickstarters that are aware of things and can and are on time, or close to it. Having 3 delays and not even having permission for the IP fully is about as disorganized as one can get. With that said, many are questioning the strength of the gameplay itself to boot.

This is just my opinion, for what it's worth.

It's not just your opinion, some of that is your invention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, nothing has been invented, but thanks for playing. Do you have a copy btw?

Has there not been 3 delays?
Has nobody questioned strength of game play?
Are there no Kickstarters that ship as promised?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Nym
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Supposition/invention: "not even having permission for the IP fully." Where did this come from and what does it even mean?

mattyd777 wrote:
Actually, nothing has been invented, but thanks for playing. Do you have a copy btw?

Has there not been 3 delays?
Has nobody questioned strength of game play?
Are there no Kickstarters that ship as promised?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you don't understand something it does not make it invention. Go read other peoples' comments all over this page and in the comments section of the KS page and maybe you will figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
If you don't understand something it does not make it invention. Go read other peoples' comments all over this page and in the comments section of the KS page and maybe you will figure it out.

Yes, because rumors never run rampant on kickstarter threads. Or on bgg for that matter (although it's much less frequent here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Nym
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:

I'm asking you to explain and clarify. Help me understand. Otherwise you're just deflecting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weird Guy
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since no one replied regarding the IP thing, I will.

Space Goat has a license regarding Evil Dead 2, in the same way the Ash vs Evil Dead TV series AOD. This means no AOD storyline in the comics and everything always referred as Evil Dead 2, not Evil Dead.

They know the limitation of their license pretty well as they produced comics for some time before the board game appeared on KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WeirdguyOfDoom wrote:
in the same way the Ash vs Evil Dead TV series AOD. This means no AOD storyline in the comics and everything always referred as Evil Dead 2, not Evil Dead.

I thought that Ash vs the Evil Dead didn't have any rights for The Army of Darkness ip . That's why they never mention time travelling or anything from that movie. But perhaps all that have changed for the second season. (Haven't seen it yet.)
Sorry for the OT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weird Guy
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
WeirdguyOfDoom wrote:
in the same way the Ash vs Evil Dead TV series AOD. This means no AOD storyline in the comics and everything always referred as Evil Dead 2, not Evil Dead.

I thought that Ash vs the Evil Dead didn't have any rights for The Army of Darkness ip . That's why they never mention time travelling or anything from that movie. But perhaps all that have changed for the second season. (Haven't seen it yet.)
Sorry for the OT.

That's what I meant, except my brain put words in there that my fingers never typed.

AvsED never mentions AOD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WeirdguyOfDoom wrote:
That's what I meant, except my brain put words in there that my fingers never typed.

AvsED never mentions AOD.

Hehe, that's what I thought.
Thanks for clearing it up. I wouldn't mind some AoD references though, I was hoping that they had worked something out for the second/third season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.