Hide
4 Posts

The Red Dragon Inn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Simple Question: Torg's Ignores, and as a Boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neophyte Expert
msg tools
These questions are a bit more simple, based around Torg the Goblin King and how he plays.

1st: If a player targets one of his minions, can he play an Ignore against their attack, given that they can be affected by things that affect Fortitude, should his ignore also ignore Fortitude damage? Such as using "Quick, Run Away" to ignore an attack directed at them?

1st A: What if that attack is an AOE, like Pooky's Drunken Rampage?

------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd: As a Boss, can a minion attack during each of Torg's turns? The wording implies that they each get to act once during each of his action-phases, rather than just once period like as if he were a player character, but that's.... -really- strong sounding, it seems.

Hypothetical Scenario: Torg is in a 1v4 situation, on his 2nd turn (so he gets 4 actions). He already has his Cup-Bearer and Auger in play.

His first action is to play General Drog, who can immediately hit for 4 damage.

His second action is to play Brix the Enforcer, who joins General Drog in immediately doing 2+4 damage.

His third action is to play Grunt the Brawler, who joins the General and the Enforcer, dealing 2+2+4 more damage.

And then his 4th action is to play "I brought my own brute squad", which would let him deal 5 damage for all 5 of his minions being out, ontop of Drog, Brix, and Grunt getting -another- turn to deal damage.

This is somewhat balanced by people being able to keep attacking his minions, blocking his attacks, and doing hit-backs to each minion, but could Torg hypothetically do 31 damage in a round? Hell, if he already had some of his dudes out, potentially even more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that he still only has one action phase, even though he can do four actions during that phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camilo North
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation was that Torglesnarf cannot protect his minions as though the fortitude damage were directed at him, as I was unable to find any text indicating otherwise. That indirectly answers the second question, though if it were to be ruled that he could use protection on the minions, I imagine each target would have to be protected separately. You're dealing "him" damage three separate times, rather than dealing him three damage at once.

I agree with Michael's interpretation of the boss mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neophyte Expert
msg tools
nerman8r wrote:
It seems to me that he still only has one action phase, even though he can do four actions during that phase.

lucioperca wrote:
My interpretation was that Torglesnarf cannot protect his minions as though the fortitude damage were directed at him, as I was unable to find any text indicating otherwise. That indirectly answers the second question, though if it were to be ruled that he could use protection on the minions, I imagine each target would have to be protected separately. You're dealing "him" damage three separate times, rather than dealing him three damage at once.

I agree with Michael's interpretation of the boss mode.

I see. After more thoroughly reading through his Sometimes cards, and after having tried out Boss Mode via Vlazlo, I get it more now.

It is indeed only -1- action phase, just with multiple actions capable of being played during it via any team involved, be it a team of heroes or a Boss. Granted, a way to snag an additional Action Phase, enabling more attacks with less resistance, would be incredible for him. Isn't there a variant with a Hero + Boss per team for up to 8 players (10 once the Lich comes out)? Torg + Chronos: Top Tier.

As for minion defense, he has Sometimes Cards that target him, and Sometimes Cards that target his minions. He indeed, much like Wrench, needs to avoid drawing too much physical agro or taking area of effect attacks, and needs to draw a balance between protecting his money and doing damage. At least he has less to worry about taking direct hits on top of that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.