Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I received my pledge on monday (11-9-17)

Apparentely my box came from some war zone... judging by the state it was in.

The cardbox had a severely torn corner so deep it torned the game box also.

The game box had bumps and bruises all over the top and sides. One would think that maybe that was enough damage and that the bottom would have been given a chance... it didn´t!

You know how sometimes the air inside the box makes it a bit harder to push down the box top? Well... I don´t have that problem... the air goes out pretty easly from all the sides and the big hole on the corner.

I contacted Greyfox games and Gamesquest and got no reply so far. They are probably still engaged in the rugby game they used my order in!! whistle

Hope they send me a new box and I hope this time it brings more protection besides a little bubble wrap exclusevely on top! Who packages a game like that?!

ps.: In case you are wondering why I accepted a package like that... there is a very good reason.... I didn´t see the torn as I was attending to the public and the driver tucked it away against the Wall!! Already complained to Chronopost/DPD aswell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that sucks !!! Hope you get a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Magallanes
msg tools
Pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

These were the pictures I took when the game arrived to send to Greyfox games and GamesQuest.

Haven´t taken any from the bottom yet.

I am one of those nutcases that worry excessively about the condition of a boardgame.

I cringe every time I see Tom Vasel handling a box not alone ruin one...

For me is a true pain when one is scratched or has a little mark from hitting the side of the table... God forbid a game falls on the ground and ruins a corner!! surprise

and yet... strangely ... this one even half dead... doesn´t bother me that much. Maybe because I had no hand in the ruining of the box. Not sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really thought you found a picture from ww2 that the artwork reminded you of, and that you were going to post the 2 pics side by side.

Obviously not as disappointed as you, sorry to hear about the box, good luck with getting a new one soon, I am sure they will replace it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Geraghty
msg tools
Aww man. They slipped up a bit with my wooden upgrade kit and sent me two lots of the same upgrade kit instead of one of each..

Still, hopefully they'll get around to replying to my email at some point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Geraghty
msg tools
cunha_neves wrote:

I am one of those nutcases that worry excessively about the condition of a boardgame.

I cringe every time I see Tom Vasel handling a box not alone ruin one...

For me is a true pain when one is scratched or has a little mark from hitting the side of the table... God forbid a game falls on the ground and ruins a corner!! surprise

and yet... strangely ... this one even half dead... doesn´t bother me that much. Maybe because I had no hand in the ruining of the box. Not sure...

My original CoM box has a horrible crease/bend across the bottom of the box. It winds me up something chronic so the first thing I did was transfer everything to the new box even though we haven't played yet...

The new box has some dents in the top, it made me sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K New Power
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wondered the same thing, how can you pack it so badly? My bubble was in the bottom so the front has got a big crack.
The problem is that is was a suprise for my brother. Oh so happy he will be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the game, and I miss two components. I wrote an eMail; have you guys received an answer yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.