Subject: Fatty Bursters vs Tainted Zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have done some re-reading on the campaign description and were not able to tell if there is any difference at all between both.

Does anybody knows if Tainted Zombies, when killed, also splash these damage over other zombies, just like the Fatty Bursters do?

It makes no sense to me if they doesn't, how could the acid blood, upon destruction, pick heroes and not other zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ziruga wrote:
I have done some re-reading on the campaign description and were not able to tell if there is any difference at all between both.

Does anybody knows if Tainted Zombies, when killed, also splash these damage over other zombies, just like the Fatty Bursters do?

It makes no sense to me if they doesn't, how could the acid blood, upon destruction, pick heroes and not other zombies?

From the wording I say Tainted Zombies damage only survivors (or maybe only the survivor that kills it? it's not clear)in their zone when they get killed.

Whereas Fatty Bursters damage EVERY actor (survivors and zombies) in the zone if they enter a zone with survivors, a survivor enters their zone, or they are killed (eg ranged attacks). Also, they gain an extra activation whenever a Fatty Burster card is drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
above is correct.

tainted zombies are nothing more than a reskin of toxic zombies from modern zombicide; they damage the hero the attack them

think of it as the hero attacking is too close and get splash upon attacking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't knew they were merely reskin of other types...
It seens that CMON creativity upon zombicide might die soon...
ZBOSeason 3 might just reskin everything else ... What new mechanic to change game dynamic would them possibly add...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't even the first time it has happened. CrowZ came over from moderncide without even changing sculpts. WolveZ are the same as DogZ from moderncide. It's even worse if you just look at mechanics. The Seeker mechanic has been ported over into the Bursters. I think several of the abominations have also re-used mechanics from moderncide.

But the thing is, this isn't moderncide. It's medievalcide. It's technically a different game. And many of the old mechanics have been improved upon when brought over to BP/GH (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ziruga wrote:
I didn't knew they were merely reskin of other types...
It seens that CMON creativity upon zombicide might die soon...
ZBOSeason 3 might just reskin everything else ... What new mechanic to change game dynamic would them possibly add...?

Well for Green Horde ... we have the Horde mechanic and the Dragons, also siege engines, and a whole bunch of very cool special necromancers. And zombie rats, spectral walkers, obstacles/hedges, water zones etc.

Although I have not played moderncide, maybe some of these are a reskin of previous mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.