Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Thomson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where I can find a digital copy of the new lore compendium? Or if there is a scan of it available somewhere. I would love to give it a read, as I await my Pre-order copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
thomsonbriand wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a digital copy of the new lore compendium? Or if there is a scan of it available somewhere. I would love to give it a read, as I await my Pre-order copy!

That'd be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
thomsonbriand wrote:

I'm sure someone would be happy to send you a genuine PDF on production of a genuine proof of purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you saying? I need to prove I pre-ordered the game to see the lore compendium? Why? I pre-ordered from my flgs. I know the rule books had been released. Just trying to see if someone had a pdf of the lore compendium to share. You want a screen shot of my email to my flgs? Lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
thomsonbriand wrote:
What are you saying? I need to prove I pre-ordered the game to see the lore compendium? Why? I pre-ordered from my flgs. I know the rule books had been released. Just trying to see if someone had a pdf of the lore compendium to share. You want a screen shot of my email to my flgs? Lol.

I'm saying (in a slightly snarky way, I admit) that no one should be sending PDFs of the lore book around the internet to anyone who asks for them, especially not if you can't ascertain that the recipient genuinely pre-ordered the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. FFG is usually pretty free with their rulebooks, they typically don't like it when other texts are posted online. I'm actually kind of surprised that there hasn't been any issues with those who've posted full scans of all the cards, that's usually a big "no no" with FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually thought BGG would have taken down some of the links that have been previously posted. I don't think there's anything left unrevealed regarding TI4- except, of course, the aforementioned Lore Compendium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
I actually thought BGG would have taken down some of the links that have been previously posted. I don't think there's anything left unrevealed regarding TI4- except, of course, the aforementioned Lore Compendium.

BGG probably wouldn't do it unless requested by FFG. Some companies have different policies on it. Maybe in this instance, FFG has decided to take a more generous approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not complaining...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok gotcha. I feel like the lore compendium is something that wouldn't necessarily be protected IP. I understand the idea of images of cards I guess, so you can't replicate a game. I feel like if we all got to read the lore compendium, it would hype more people to buy the game... maybe. If someone is willing to send me a pdf. I can send proof of my pre-order deposit (20$). PM me. haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Hunt
Canada
flag msg tools
That's exactly backwards. The copyrighted portion of a game is the text, imagery, etc. The actual rules are considered functional and not copyrightable in most jursidictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alercah wrote:
That's exactly backwards. The copyrighted portion of a game is the text, imagery, etc. The actual rules are considered functional and not copyrightable in most jursidictions.

At best, you may be able to get the rules (as a function) patented, but even that would be hard.

That said, the actual rules document a company produces can be copyrighted, not for the "ideas" in the rules but for the actual layout and printed words, just like any other written thing. But most companies these days freely publish their rules (unless the rules ARE the game, like RPGs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're still can't wait, you can watch this unboxing video (it's in Polish). The poster goes through the pages of the compendium family quickly, but maybe you can screen-cap some of the entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCivTjeeS3I

Looks like more of a general overview of the TI universe as opposed to the longer short stories included in the beginning of the Shattered Empire and Shards of the Throne expansions. Don't forget that there's another another entry included in Rex (the best one, IMHO). Much of the material appears to be a retelling of various facts from the race sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.