Tasos Kyriakidis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,
I'm totally new to the game and I'm really happy to discover there's a small but strong community on the game. In Discord channel there are many intresting topics being discussed but I would really like to have some plays.

On OCTGN I haven't seen some much action, so I wanted to give a shout at new players who want to discover the game and the platform.

Is anyone intrested?

Discord is great for arranging a game.

Check more about the doomtown's discord channel here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1844076/permanent-link-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harlath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seconding the Discord channel as the best place to find games. Normally asking in European/US hours gets a match.

The last tournament series (Epitaph) is just winding down so people might be a little worn out from that. There was even official prize support for this.

The next tournament series will hopefully have official prize support for online play too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I guess this is the perfect thread to ask this question...

Where do I find the image packs for the cards (for OCTGN)?

I'm an experienced 'A Game of Thrones' LCG player on OCTGN... the image packs for those cards are hosted on a 3rd party web site.

I assume the same is true for Doomtown?

Thanks!

Also, on a side note, I'm very impressed with how Doomtown looks on Tabletop Simulator! I assume it plays as well as it looks. But as my long-distance opponent is more familiar with OCTGN, we'll likely start there, play a few games, then try out TTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tasos Kyriakidis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've heard that TTS is good, but it's not free if I remember correctly. Personally I would pay it if the community played but I think that because lot of things are automated in OCTGN it is prefered.

Great! I recomend you to join discord where we can also arrange playing.

That's the link for the packs, It's pinned in discord so I think I can share it:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-tT7tIqEDvOek9INnJN...

bgm1961 wrote:

I guess this is the perfect thread to ask this question...

Where do I find the image packs for the cards (for OCTGN)?

I'm an experienced 'A Game of Thrones' LCG player on OCTGN... the image packs for those cards are hosted on a 3rd party web site.

I assume the same is true for Doomtown?

Thanks!

Also, on a side note, I'm very impressed with how Doomtown looks on Tabletop Simulator! I assume it plays as well as it looks. But as my long-distance opponent is more familiar with OCTGN, we'll likely start there, play a few games, then try out TTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Tasos,

Thanks much!

Also, I assumed that Discord is [merely] a chat application that enables players to chat while playing a game online together... supposedly a better option to using Skype.

More than that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harlath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Tasos,

Thanks much!

Also, I assumed that Discord is [merely] a chat application that enables players to chat while playing a game online together... supposedly a better option to using Skype.

More than that?

Discord is voice and text chat, but the Doomtown community uses it almost exclusively for text chat: strategy, arranging OCTGN matches, helping new players, talking nonsense and a bit of Deadlands discussion.

It also has various helpful links pinned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks... I'll have to check it out, even as a casual player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin swiderski
msg tools
And in OCTGN sub channel there are some pinned messages, including a link to image packs .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.