Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on some effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Tran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm still new to this game and had a little confusion about some cards and their effects:

1. This card:

Mr. Fantastic
Twisting Equations
Tech
2 Recruit
Focus 2 Recruit -> When you draw a new hand of cards at the end of this turn, draw an extra card.
Cost: 3

-Since this card comes with 2 Recurit, can I use that same 2 Recruit to use it's own Focus ability? or does the recruit cost have to come from a different card or source?


2. Trap Cards. If It's my turn and I flip the card for the next villain and it's a trap card, do I only have to do what it says or does everyone have to do it? Also, if i'm able to fulfill what it's asking does it go to my point pile? What if I don't fulfill it? Do I KO the card and don't get the points?



3. Villains that dominate. I assume that the bystander deck has to be flipped down because when a villain dominates, the card is placed face down? is that correct? When I rescue a dominated card, what if it's a special bystander? do I still get the effect from the special bystander?



Thank you guys in adavnce
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
45jhp wrote:
Hello, I'm still new to this game and had a little confusion about some cards and their effects:

1. This card:

Mr. Fantastic
Twisting Equations
Tech
2 Recruit
Focus 2 Recruit -> When you draw a new hand of cards at the end of this turn, draw an extra card.
Cost: 3

-Since this card comes with 2 Recurit, can I use that same 2 Recruit to use it's own Focus ability? or does the recruit cost have to come from a different card or source?


Yes, you can use his own recruit to activate the Focus effect.


Quote:
2. Trap Cards. If It's my turn and I flip the card for the next villain and it's a trap card, do I only have to do what it says or does everyone have to do it? Also, if i'm able to fulfill what it's asking does it go to my point pile? What if I don't fulfill it? Do I KO the card and don't get the points?


The current player has to satisfy the trap requirements during that turn. If you do, it goes to your VP pile, if not, it's KO'd.

Quote:
3. Villains that dominate. I assume that the bystander deck has to be flipped down because when a villain dominates, the card is placed face down? is that correct? When I rescue a dominated card, what if it's a special bystander? do I still get the effect from the special bystander?


Dominate only grabs heroes, not bystanders. Bystanders can become Human Shields, so I'm not sure which one you're talking about. The bystander deck is face down so you never know if the top card is a normal bystander with no effect, or a special one like the heroic bystanders from X-Men. If you're talking about Human Shields, then you get the rescue effect when you spend the attack to remove the shield (because the rules say you "rescue the bystander."
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for the reply. Terribly sorry I meant Human Shields. But awesome that answers all my questions. Thank you so much again
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
45jhp wrote:
Thank you so much for the reply. Terribly sorry I meant Human Shields. But awesome that answers all my questions. Thank you so much again


And welcome to the most awesome and friendly corner of the BGG
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.