Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got a copy of the Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition computer game.

Anyway I’m playing a team of humans. Some of the players are noted as being 'throwers' or 'catchers'. However I almost never pass, because passing seems to be much harder than knocking over opposing players.

I just played a computer-controlled human team and they didn’t pass either. However, I wonder if I’m missing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Human teams can do a little bit of everything, but do nothing exceptionally well.

When you play humans, you want to play to the other team's weaknesses.

Playing orcs? Don't try to out bash them.
Playing elves? Stand in there and smash 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
So many die rolls involved in passing, I rarely do it unless it's to get some safe SP's or I'm desperate.

I never play elves either, so maybe it's better for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't necessarily take their names to indicate what they "should" do. It's rather an indication of what they "can" do. Orc throwers "can" throw the ball ok with their skillset, but orcs in general don't make a very good passing team. With Orcs, for example, only pass when you absolutely have to (e.g., the only way to score at the end of a half).

In Blood Bowl, a general rule is that if you have two ways to accomplish the same thing, take the route that has you rolling dice fewer times. The more times you roll dice, the more opportunities you have to fail. If you could pass to a guy in the endzone for a touchdown or simply run it in yourself, you should run it in.

You can pass when necessary, but even the teams that are good at it (e.g., elves) really should stay away from it if they can score without doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.