3 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Epic Digital - Dark Draft vs AI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Reed
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm considering buying alpha access to Epic Digital as I'll be making regular 2.5hour train trips soon and will need some good offline entertainment. Is the AI a good opponent in the current version of the app? Specifically, has it been dark drafting well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Davoli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite honestly, it's a pushover, but it is kind of satisfying to make some cool plays, and I'll play every once and a while.

(Really good for practicing on new cards though.)

I think where it shines is where you limit yourself when playing (in essence give yourself a handicap) mine is making quick decisions, and never Mulligan.

I kind of prefer Random 30 against AI because of the speed, yet on long train rides, Dark Draft maybe better.

All in all, Star Realms AI is better (I still only win 50% of the time)
with Epic AI, it's not a question whether I will win, it's a question on how long it will take me. (for me, It's just a practice game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reed
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for that, maybe Epic isn't the right choice for now then DD seemed ideal as it takes a reasonable amount of time.

I've been enjoying playing against the AI in Ascension for a few days but the games are over so quickly that I need something else (also can't decide if it's very strategic!). I tried the free version of Star Realms but the space theme didn't seem to be doing it for me; maybe I'll give it another go soon though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.