Randy Snyder
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend is the monthly Dallas Games Marathon, starting Friday evening to Sunday evening.

Register now and get in for the pre-registeration price.
http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/dgm-registration
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, anyone displaced because of Harvey, Irma, Jose, or the massive fires out west is welcome to come game with us at Dallas Games Marathon (DGM) free of charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interested in this event. I did check out your website and read up about it, but would love to hear more about it from a personal perspective.

Can anyone share their thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RebRob wrote:
(I) would love to hear more about it from a personal perspective.

Can anyone share their thoughts?

Happy to oblige!

Dallas Games Marathon is a wonderful, unique, and really special thing. It's a large, clean, well-tended space where you can have a fantastic game convention experience every month! Lots of tables and chairs, a side room for smaller (or louder) games like Werewolf or Artemis. Free beverages (water and sodas) and snacks as part of your admission (and I'm talking about yummy snacks, like pretzels, chips, and cookies – not cheapo-snacks). A great game library with hundreds of games of all flavors. Clean, well-lit bathrooms. Friendly, good-sport people to play with. A vibrant sub-community of game designers to playtest and collaborate with (if that's your thing). Plenty of convenient parking. Almost entirely volunteer-run. Oh, and it's dirt-cheap for what you're getting. Seriously, I'd pay twice as much and be just as happy.

Beyond the monthly event, they host events every week. It's such a nice, clean place that it's become something of a small-scale de facto community center. Multiple clubs (and even a church at one point) use DGM as their regular meeting space.

DGM is hands-down the best gaming community I know of. I live in Austin and I'm jealous as the dickens that we don't have something as awesome as DGM here. I used to have a yearly membership and travel to Dallas (nearly) every month for it. Nowadays, I still make it there every chance I get.

If you've never been and you have the chance to, go. See it for yourself. It's more than worth it.

(I'll happily answer any follow-on questions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Foutz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me second all that. DGM is an amazing resource, I have been a member ever since they moved to their current location (about 5 years now, I think). Nice space, great people, great selection of games. I currently work for a company who's HQ is in Seattle, and I've often thought that if they ever make me move up there, my first order of business will be either finding something like DGM, or starting something like DGM, because I enjoy DGM that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.