Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I hadn't just traded for this game. I have a small box obsession in general.

Once I got Jaipur (which I've since liquidated) I then HAD to collect every game of compartable size that looked interesting (Condottiere, Tschak, Colossal Area, Sobek, Great Wall of China...).

Then I got 7 Wonders Duel and I was like "oh...great...another common box size..." So I went on to buy Lost Cities, Babel, Akrotiri (which I liquidated), Patchwork, Spyfall, Kanagawa, and recently Seven Samurai.

Don't even get me started on John Clowdus' company, Small Box Games. I soaked up probably about 70% of his OOP back catalog in trade.

So, as we can see, I have a "collect same box" problem. The problem is compounded if the games are part of line or if they use boxes of the exact same dimension. It's a real problem for me, and my wife thinks I'm very weird about this. So do my friends.

I recently traded for CoB the card game. Box has a #1 on it. We must be careful, precious. We must be careful. The wife didn't notice the box had a number on the side when it arrived in the mail..... Head to BGG to research my habit. I find it's part of a line, and one of the games in the line is Broom Service, numbered 17. Oh no. This is bad.

So. The BGG listing for Alea's VSB game only shows 3 games. Help me my problem by telling me what's between 1 and 17, and if there is anything after 17 please, don't tell me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Alea has 4 different lines.

There are only 3 (so far) in the VSB line; The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game,Broom Service: The Card Game, and The Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game.

Edit:

Alea Big Box
Alea Medium Box
Alea Small Box
Alea Very Small Box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just liquidate the one you have. Problem solved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CoB:TCG is #1 in the very small box line... Broom Service: TCG is also in that line as #2, and Las Vegas:TCG is #3. Broom Service (the board game) is #17 in the Alea Big Box series.

Alea Very Small Box

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
mb
bkunes wrote:
CoB:TCG is #1 in the very small box line... Broom Service: TCG is also in that line as #2 or #3. Broom Service (the board game) is #17 in the Alea Big Box series.

meeple Keep playing...

Exactly! Don't worry (or maybe be sad?)... there are not 17 in this series that you need to collect!

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Alea_very_small_box_seri...

But the big box #17 Broom Service is a good game, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
I recently traded for CoB the card game. Box has a #1 on it. We must be careful, precious. We must be careful. The wife didn't notice the box had a number on the side when it arrived in the mail..... Head to BGG to research my habit. I find it's part of a line, and one of the games in the line is Broom Service, numbered 17. Oh no. This is bad.

The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game is #1 in the Alea Very Small Box series.
Broom Service is #17 in the Alea Big Box series.
Broom Service: The Card Game is #3 in the Alea Very Small Box series (the last one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkunes wrote:
CoB:TCG is #1 in the very small box line... Broom Service: TCG is also in that line as #2 or #3. Broom Service (the board game) is #17 in the Alea Big Box series.

meeple Keep playing...

You have saved my wallet, sir.

In my haste, I zoomed in on this photo, and like a moron looked at the big box.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2872098/broom-service-card-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:

What have you done? No. Delete it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:

[Puts on nitpicking grumpy pedant hat] The Alea Big Box set finished for me at number 15 [removes hat and continues with life with Puerto Rico #7 and no Broom Service or subsequent game] whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
fnord23 wrote:

[Puts on nitpicking grumpy pedant hat] The Alea Big Box set finished for me at number 15 [removes hat and continues with life with Puerto Rico #7 and no Broom Service or subsequent game] whistle

Has taken me a bit longer but with COB: Dice Game coming I do not see the need to keep collecting Alea games.

But, if you do not have Broom Service, you are doing yourself a disservice. Good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bop517 wrote:
Karlsen wrote:
fnord23 wrote:

Has taken me a bit longer but with COB: Dice Game coming I do not see the need to keep collecting Alea games.

But, if you do not have Broom Service, you are doing yourself a disservice. Good game!

Really? I thought it looked rather dull. I'll take another look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.