Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter jarl level arrived today and unfortunately there is a strong color mismatch between my 1. edition english core game and the expansions. Especially on the small cards. Thats annoying because this game is all about hiden monsters and events sobluesobluesoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:
The kickstarter jarl level arived today and unfortunately there is a strong color mismatch between my 1. edition english core game and the expansions. Especially on the small cards. Thats annoying because this game is all about hiden monsters and events sobluesobluesoblue

That's not so bad, not asy bad as the Tyrants of the underdark expansion. These things happen often, sometimes even in base box itself cards have different colours (e.g. tyrants again), while it can tell whether the card is from the expansion or not it does not change that much, plus it may be harder for some people but it is possible to try not to pay attention... I don't think the game is about hidden things anyway, most of the time you choose between revealed cards, there is only one situation (rune cards) where you can buy them from the deck. So it's hard to find a game in which the difference in colour matters less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has the same. I was disappointed at first but after playing several games... it doesn't really matter. Only one card is on top at a time. It's rare you see multiple cards at once so it's not easy to tell what the card on top is... the lighter or darker.

What bothered me a bit more is that the cards in teh expansion are slightly bigger. Only .25mm or so... but enough to effect a shuffle. Still not a big deal. I adjust my shuffle to cover for it.

Bottom line... just sharing the same issue hoping to share that it really doesn't change or effect gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they sell tinted sleeves? I feel like I've seen them before. I agree it is kind of annoying especially if you know what's in each set, but not game breaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell the difference in the picture.

But as Dan said, you only see the back of 1 card at a time, and it is unlikely for you to buy that one anyway.

I would suggest NOT studying it, so that you dont 'learn' the backs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter van Loon
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is an example of the different colors in my game.
Is it the same for everyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jace Jace
msg tools
Whew! I'm somehow comforted to know that I am not alone in this issue. I am so bothered by the color contrast difference. Even the hero cards are also different enough that it's annoying.

Seems like they improved the contrast on the second printing, which is good for those who just got their copies, bad for us who had the first printing. My board even had the sticker stick out on the right side-- still waiting on GreyFox Games to send me a new board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihail Atanasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Champions of Midgard Expansions + base game. I received games all together a week ago. Sadly, i have the same problem with the different colors.
I should have second printing of the base game, but obviously, i don't have such luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter van Loon
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
The image I posted above is also from a base + expansion pledge. Seems I didn't get a second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am color blind so I did not notice the color difference on the cards, but meeples..... The first set of meeples that I received had terrible horns. I asked for replacements, so they sent a full set more. These also are awful, but between the 2 sets I am able to put together a set of 5 that are acceptable if not great. However the purple sets that I have are so drastically different colors that I almost thought that I was missing 1 set in each pack. One purple is dark and thick, the second is light and poorly applied. I am running out to buy spray paint to fix these this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Dinatale
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven’t checked my cards closely yet however the first thing I noticed when I opened up the base game was that the colours on the main board appeared somewhat muted...not what I expected after having seen vibrant looking images of the board on BGG and elsewhere. Did anyone else notice this? I purchased the Kickstarter expansions and base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.