2023 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [81] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: You Can't Keep a Good Clown Down! (Carnival 2) - game on! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Show Must Go On…

A few dreamers and lowlifes died, but the circus has always had a fluid population and the vans and seats of the deceased have quickly filled again.
It seems though that the circus is not altogether out of trouble.
And the new makeup guy doesn't seem to be shaping up any better than the last one.

This is a game with some Neutrals, some Goods and some Evils.
There is no conversion.
There is no promotion.
There is no win-stealing.
- Each Neutral has personal VCs.
- Any player achieving a personal VC will immediately leave the game.
- This will not be distinguished from the player dying.
- For the purposes of all other VCs, a player achieving his/her own VC is considered to have died.
- All deaths will be announced the same, except for axman victims… they will be clearly distinguished. By placement of axes.

All information given during the game, including role reveals and views, will be complete and accurate, unless modified deliberately by a player power.

Roles
All role descriptions below are complete (except for Clowns).
There are no undisclosed chats or additional pieces of information given to Good or Evil players.
Each Clown will be given full details of his/her VC and powers but nothing about any other Clowns, not even how many there are.

5 Evil:

3 Killers
with chat and nightkill only.
- Two Killers have no additional abilities
- One Killer is a Dream Maker and can send a Good/Neutral/Evil dream of his/choice to a target player each night (including N0). No restriction on repeats.
- Killers begin the game knowing how many starting Clowns there are.
- Each night from Night 1, Killers submit three targets. The kill will pass along the target list until either
a) The target is not tough and is not protected (kill)
b) There are no more names on the list (no kill)

1 Axman (SuperCultist)
- The Axman hates Clowns. I mean REALLY hates them. Each night from N1, the axman may target a player for ax murder. Ax attack cannot be blocked in any way, and ignores toughness. However, if the Axman kills someone not painted as a Clown, the kill ability is lost for a number of nights equal to the number of unpainted people the Axman has killed so far.
- The Axman begins the game knowing the identity of the Killers and the Makeup Artist, but not which is which.
- If the Axman kills 3 players painted as Clowns, he wins an immediate personal victory and leaves the game (is announced as dead).
- If a player dies due to axkill and other means at the same time, the kill is attributed to the Axman.

1 Makeup Artist (Cultist) (knows the Killers)
- Each night from N1, the Makeup Artist may target one player and paint that player as a *** Clown (where *** is descriptive, at the choice of the Artist). This will not affect the player's abilities or the result of any dreams. The paint must be left on for one full 24 hour cycle and on a subsequent night a painted player may remove the paint but cannot use any other action while doing so (even a normally mandatory action). If a player dies while still painted, they will be revealed on death as '*** Clown'. A player who is already painted as a Clown will be unaffected by this power.
- Makeup Artist is tough to Killer attack on N1.

1 - 3 Neutral

1 - 3 Clowns
, each operating independently, each with private VC.
- Neutral players do not count for parity when determining Evil Victory.

8-10 Good

1 Dream Giver
- each night (including N0) selects two players (not him/herself).
Each player will receive a dream giving the alignment of the other (Good/Evil/Neutral) without knowing the identity of the player dreamed of. A dream from the Dream Giver will be overwritten if the same player is targeted by the Dream Maker Killer, but the Dream Giver will be unaware this has happened.

1 Dreamer - each night from N1, selects a player to view and receives a dream giving that player's alignment (Good/Evil/Neutral). The Dreamer's dream will be overwritten if the Dreamer is targeted by either Dream Giver or Dream Maker Killer, but the Dreamer will be unaware this has happened.

1 Props Guy - each night (including N0) must choose a player to receive Props. The recipient will be told they have Props. Props last until Dusk the next day and prevent one single cause of death (lynch, killer attack or trick shot but not axe). No player may be targeted by the Props Guy more than once in the game. If there are no players remaining who have not received Props, Props Guy ceases to count for parity and can no longer issue Props.

1-2 Bullet Catchers - each night from N1 may target a player. A Bullet Catcher may target each other player at most once in the game, but may self-target any number of times. If that player is targeted by Killers or a Trick Shooter, the Bullet Catcher becomes a Trick Shooter and the target player is not affected by that attack. Bullet Catchers cannot block the Axman's attack, even if both protecting the same player, but both can promote to Trick Shooter if protecting the Kill target.
- A Bullet Catcher counts as two non-Killers when determining Evil Victory (double Parity)

0 Trick Shooters - at night a Trick Shooter may target a player, to kill them. The Trick Shooter will revert to Bullet Catcher when using this ability, whether or not the target dies.
- A Trick Shooter counts as two non-Killers when determining Evil Victory (double Parity)

3-6 Carnie Technicians - no powers.

Team Victory Conditions

Evil Victory: Killers achieve parity with non-Killers.
Note that Neutral players are excluded from this calculation but Bullet Catcher/Trick Shooter counts double.

Good Victory: All Killers are dead
Axman need not be dead for a Good Victory.

Reveal on death
A player will reveal as a Good or Evil role or as a Clown.
Any Good/Evil player who dies while painted will reveal as a Clown; if not painted, the reveal is accurate (note that Dream Maker will just reveal as 'Killer')
A Neutral player who dies while painted will reveal (accurately) as a *** Clown, but may select what Good/Evil role to appear as if the Clown paint is removed (the selection is fixed on the first occasion the Clown takes paint off).

Any painted player may remove paint as a full night action, but cannot do any other night action while doing so (even otherwise mandatory night actions), and cannot do so until the paint has been on for a full day/night cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: You Can't Keep a Good Clown Down! (Carnival 2) - Sign up thread
Player List According to Cassandra:
Amaroq81
Amekins
annab
cvb2009
dashkin
dejojam1
ortho_
PaperF
Quixima
Samool
SerWave
Smugs
sydwys8
Syntax3rror
xandryyte
zenofkermit

16 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1848190

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notes: [In the following, it is assumed that Clowns do not have powers to interfere with other players. This may not be reliably accurate.]

Evil:
Killers do not know their auxes but the auxes do know the killers.
Killers - if your first night kill target fails, consider that you may have targeted your Makeup Guy.
Auxes - if you like hints, you may be inclined to drop some serious 'don't kill me, I know who you are' clues. Or not, because that can cause big trouble further down the line.
Makeup Guy - you are permitted to covertly clue your killers by giving one of them a makeover which would hint to them who you are, either directly or because of something you post, but note that your makeup must be summarized by a single adjective or noun, and be something a random circus-goer would recognize. 'Pirate Clown' and 'Angry Clown' would be fine, but 'Avin Clown' would be problematic.

Good:
If a recipient declares a dream, this may provide information to the Dream Giver, especially if the dream is of an Evil or Neutral player.

Explain the Dreams
Various roles can cause a player to have a dream.
A dream will be reported in modchat as 'you have a dream of a Good person', 'you have a dream of a Neutral person' or 'you have a dream of an Evil person', along with some inconsequential flavor text. The person so described in the dream is ALWAYS anonymous.

The dream-creating roles:
Dream Giver (DG)
DG is like a double-powered seer, but doesn't actually receive any views directly.
Each night, DG nominates two players, A and B.
At Dawn, A gets an alignment view of B, B gets an alignment view of A.
However, A will not know the identity of B, and B will not know the identity of A.
The DG will draw inferences from whether A and B declare views, and - if so - what they declare.

Dream Maker? (DM)
The DM is the evil one, and can send out a Dream to one player each night, selecting Good/Neutral/Evil as the alignment view. The DM's dream will overwrite the DG's dream if both target the same player.

Dreamer
This is essentially a normal seer (targets a player, receives a view of target's alignment). However, the Dreamer's target will be overwritten if the Dreamer is picked by the DG or the DM. So while the Dreamer's view will be accurate, it may not actually be a view of the player the Dreamer intended, and the Dreamer will not be told either way.

Explain the Clowns
All Neutral roles begin painted as clowns.
A Neutral player has one or several paths to individual victory, and may have one or several powers. Any such powers will either interfere with or duplicate publicly known powers, or will mess with fundamental game mechanics such as vote tallies, lynch or nightkill. They will not introduce alien mechanics (so for example, they will not be able to snoop on chatrooms or create items.)
A Neutral will not have the ability to change any player's true alignment, but may be able to affect a player's apparent alignment.

During the game, the Makeup Artist may paint clown faces on players (painting an already painted person will have no effect).

Anyone who dies while wearing a clown face will reveal as 'Clown' on death, obscuring that player's actual alignment and role.
A Neutral player may remove clown paint and choose a Good or Evil role to appear as on death.
A non-Neutral player may remove clown paint after spending one night painted, and return to their original appearance.

So - if someone dies as Clown, they could be any role.
If someone dies as non-Clown, they either were that role, or were actually a Neutral.

Remember that announcing you have been painted is a good way to get targeted by the axman, who will be very happy to wipe the smile off your face in that very special way - removal of head.

If you get painted on night N, the earliest you can use your night action to remove the paint is night N+2.

Paint removal is implemented as the final night action, so death for any reason will prevent the paint removal occurring. Painting, on the other hand, is implemented before any killing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
I just signed up on Cassandra. because I totally wasnt coerced into this at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Live for the moments you can't put into words
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to play this again but I would prefer not to have a game until the week of the 6th. If it fills and another is interested in playing... and if others would rather it start sooner, please drop me. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: You Can't Keep a Good Clown Down! (Carnival 2) - Last 2 places to fill, starts May 6
Don't make the clowns sad, join up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: You Can't Keep a Good Clown Down! (Carnival 2) - Last 2 places to fill, starts May 6
Um, I thought I was signed up. I guess it didn't go through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'm fairly certain we won't be performing in this tent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
<custardpietoface.gif>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And that makes 16. Fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
And that makes 16. Fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too creepy Syn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Freedonia
flag msg tools
badge
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: You Can't Keep a Good Clown Down! (Carnival 2) - starts May 6, accepting alternates
Amekins wrote:
Um, I thought I was signed up. I guess it didn't go through.

I'm glad I reminded you after you reminded me I had signed up

Now let's get this show on the road!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: You Can't Keep a Good Clown Down! (Carnival 2) - starts May 6, accepting alternates
Amekins wrote:
Too creepy Syn

Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
This better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Syntax3rror wrote:
This better?

Awwwww yassssssss I love him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1848190/votes
Vote Tally Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1848190/tally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall call Dawn when all players have checked into Cassie to confirm participation. Please check in if you have not already done so.

First lynch will be Monday unless there is a delay due to numerous no-shows.

The following roles have N0 actions:
Dream Maker
Dream Giver
Props Guy

Dreamer does not get a N0 dream, no other special gets an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Dawn]

I have all players bar one checked in in Cassie. I have assigned random orders where I needed to, and allowed other evils to order for Dream Maker if relevant.

Alternate will be sought for any D1 no-show.

Welcome to the Circus. It's a show like no other, or so we like to believe.
Make of it as you will...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote kermit]

First !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
[Vote Samool]

Second!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (16/16) - # - Voted by

zenofkermit - 1 - Samool(1)
Samool - 1 - Smugs(2)

Not Voting: Amaroq81, Amekins, annab, cvb2009, dashkin, dejojam1, ortho_, PaperF, Quixima, SerWave, sydwys8, Syntax3rror, xandryyte, zenofkermit

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 5:00 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Samool - 1 - zenofkermit(1)
Smugs - 1 - Samool(2)

Not Voting: Amaroq81, Amekins, annab, cvb2009, dashkin, dejojam1, ortho_, PaperF, Quixima, SerWave, sydwys8, Syntax3rror, xandryyte, zenofkermit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to do a [vote Amaroq] in a while. Seems fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [81] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.