BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Game Suggestion For My Group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Dow
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
My group enjoys Ticket To Ride: Europe, Viticulture Essential Edition, Cards Against humanity and Bananagrams and have showed interest in games like Downforce, 7 Wonders, and Above and Below to name a few. We avoid conflict for the most part because things can get heated quickly.

With that said, and since winter is coming, we will be inside a lot the next few months and need a new game.... or three.

What do you guys suggest based on the games we enjoy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lords of waterdeep
Dixit
Splendor
Sheriff of Nottingham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend 7 wonders if your group already has some interest. It's pretty different from what you've got already.

Since you don't like (much) conflict but seem to like set collection (bananagrams) I'd recommend Ra.

You're also missing deck building games which is an increasingly common and quite popular category. Dominion is a good introduction that also allows you to vary the level of interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with above, Ra is a great way to enter the auction world. I love auctions! BIBLIOS is another good one, also isle of Skye.

Istanbul might be another good fit for the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paradox Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogre: Sixth Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.