Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Music during the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nine twelve
Vatican City
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everytime our group play this game, I make sure the scene is set with music and sometimes other props depending on the scenario (like candles, books, statues, etc). Sometimes we also have some sound effects playing in addition to the music, like for example, in a bar- there are people mumbling and drinks clattering. Or- while a certain train is still moving, ~ch, ch, ch, ch~. It's a really fun experience, at least for us.

Lately I've come across this really amazing music label called cryochamber. I'd thought I'd share my findings! Most of the albums can listened to on youtube for free. (also a lot of good ones on their website)

Some examples:

More: Alphaxone

Another clip: Mystified - dark ambient

And another clip: Dronny Darko - dark ambient mix

Hope this helps anyone with hosting their own games

Any suggestions:

Also, I was hoping if anyone had some music suggestions for the upcoming carcosa campaign! Please do share!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using the Melodice playlists for various Arkham games which mostly ends up being silent hill and Saw soundtracks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the original thread and one of the copycats :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S E L
msg tools
I have yet little experience with this game and have not tried it with music -but I have been listening alot, and what comes to mind is 'Bass Communion - Ghost Caught on Magnetic Tape'.

also Goblin, Art Zoyd, Present, that are some bands starting of in the 70s playing cinematic eerie music- maybe too engaging for background- but check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S E L
msg tools
haha,,yes and there you have it. - thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the title and came in to recommend Cryo Chamber. I see I'm not needed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I have to check out this cryochamber stuff. I love having music during this game. Need to get some candles and REALLY have my wife rolling her eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
Need to get some candles and REALLY have my wife rolling her eyes.

Black candles, bulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua hammer
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
GLORBUS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just play Yakety Sax on repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dean Hurley just released "Anthology Resource Vol. 1: △△" (those triangles are part of the title), an album of ambient sound design from the latest season of Twin Peaks. Very eerie.

https://deanhurley.bandcamp.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disparition might have a few albums that work as background music.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Ellenberger
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Caecilia wrote:
I have yet little experience with this game and have not tried it with music -but I have been listening alot, and what comes to mind is 'Bass Communion - Ghost Caught on Magnetic Tape'.

also Goblin, Art Zoyd, Present, that are some bands starting of in the 70s playing cinematic eerie music- maybe too engaging for background- but check it out.

Bass Communion is brilliant. I really love all their ambient tracks. "Ghosts" is perfect - I will try it next play session.

I have been a fan for years, why am I not surprised that the first mention I have seen anywhere is on this forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nox Arcana - Necronomicon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nine twelve
Vatican City
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo! Thanks for all your great suggestions!

Dean hurley, Disparition and Bass Communion are new for me! Already knew about Nox Arcana!

Yakety Sax seems like ambience that won't work in every situation, think I will save that for fights with eldergods...

We just finished the first scenario of Carcosa! The resolution we got made us laugh,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Cause of the question: Was it really a wise choice??- WE DONT KNOW FUUCK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.