7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Place for monitoring Kickstarter games with miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ned Poreyra
Poland
flag msg tools
I'm not "miniature only" gamer, but those games are the only ones I would back on Kickstarter because of the price (paying 25$ shipping for a 20$ game is ridiculous for me, but 25$ shipping for a 80-100$ game + stretch goals is somewhat easier to swallow). However I'm always late, I never know what games are currently or soon on Kickstarter... Checking Kickstarter Roundup on reddit takes too much time to pick only those with miniatures. Is there any other place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crowdfunding Announcements thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc)

You can subscribe and see what's being announced. I don't know of anything that's specifically with miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ned_poreyra wrote:
I'm not "miniature only" gamer, but those games are the only ones I would back on Kickstarter because of the price (paying 25$ shipping for a 20$ game is ridiculous for me, but 25$ shipping for a 80-100$ game + stretch goals is somewhat easier to swallow). However I'm always late, I never know what games are currently or soon on Kickstarter... Checking Kickstarter Roundup on reddit takes too much time to pick only those with miniatures. Is there any other place?

You can go directly to Kickstarter and search for projects and enter some search terms in the advanced search category. I choose games/tabletop games/ and entered miniature in the advanced search and viola, all current tabletop projects with miniature listed in the campaign.

"https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?term=miniature&category_id=34&sort=magic&seed=2508913&page=1" <NOTE: remove the quotes at the front and back of this link, BGG or KS won't parse this url link properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
The way people talk about KS here I thought all KS games had minis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, I'm a big fan of Kickstarter games and a lot of em are. Definitely not all of em but a lot of em. Even Crusaders Deluxe version got minis added in just for the knights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KickTraq is great for monitoring Table Top games, but it doesn't appear you can further reduce the search to Miniature Games only. Still not a bad place to start for current projects, much more useful than searching Kickstarter itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you also mean miniatures for RPGs and painting, try the Reaper KS forum: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/61-kickstarter/

ObPlug: Adventurescapes docks, tavern, and alchemist lair game tiles and accessories just funded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.