Hide
9 Posts

Spirit Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sworn to victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Froozgooz
msg tools
I am having trouble understanding why thunderspeaker has this ability. It seems really bad to have to remove a presence next to blight for each dahan killed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a limitation, not a benefit. Thunderspeaker really doesn't want the Dahan to die
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the beginner Spirits, the special rules are all upside. This is not the case for the more advanced spirits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This ability of thunderspeaker says "hey, if its not clear yet, defend and move the dahans or else..." i also had a hard time understanding it, but it is simply really fun to have dahans as your army

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When it says "after placing blight", does that mean a blight has to have been placed as well as having a dahan die to trigger the presence loss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
EmperorEternal wrote:
When it says "after placing blight", does that mean a blight has to have been placed as well as having a dahan die to trigger the presence loss?

No, that's just timing information. You can't lose a Presence to the special rule before it would get destroyed by Blight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darker wrote:
EmperorEternal wrote:

No, that's just timing information. You can't lose a Presence to the special rule before it would get destroyed by Blight.

I'm not asking about the timing order. I'm asking if all it takes to trigger StV presence loss is losing a dahan during the ravage phase or do you also have to lose a presence from blight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not. That's what Eric means when he says that the phrase in question is "just timing information".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got it, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.